Elvis Prisley Impersonator Running For Minnesota ElectionJune 6th, 2010 - 7:06 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
June 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) There have been lots of instances where people attempted impersonating rock n roll icon Elvis Presley for drawing attention of getting the limelight.
The recent incident of an impersonator wearing red jump suit has applied for office as the running mate of Ole Savior, a candidate contesting the gubernatorial race for the state of Minnesota. The incident has grabbed the attention of the media and public as one can expect. The person, Todd Anderson thinks he will be certified on primary ballot.
As per the law of Minnesota, use of improper names is forbidden. Besides, the candidates running for a post are required to give it in writing that the name written in the ballot is the same by which they are generally and commonly known. John Aiken, the Secretary of State spokesman remarked that the nickname is not likely to give any added benefits to the candidate. The man who was unknown till a few days back has come to the forefront after filing for the race and appearing in the trademark style of the iconic singer.
Todd Anderson, the Elvis impersonator has tried to clarify why he is running for the election. He thinks that by imitating the style of the stalwart singer he can spice up the political scene in Minnesota. He has also said that he agrees with the ideas of Ole Savior and would like other residents of the state to know about these.
He has also added that if he loses out in the electoral race, the publicity he gets out of it will aid him in his career.
- 'Elvis' Permitted On Republican Primary Ballot - Jun 06, 2010
- Presley's hologram to be made soon - Jun 08, 2012
- Brand to marry in front of Presley's impersonator - May 26, 2010
- Unceasing Constipation Killed Elvis Presley - May 08, 2010
- Presley turned into comic book character - Jul 21, 2011
- Rare Elvis Presley Photos Found - Jul 02, 2010
- Oz attempt to smash Elvis world record fails - Jan 09, 2011
- Indian artists join in creating Elvis Presley comic (With Images) - May 05, 2012
- Jackson's middle name revealed - Jun 01, 2012
- Presley's crypt for sale - May 29, 2012
- Elvis Presley Killed By Chronic Constipation - May 08, 2010
- Elvis Mr. Potato Head to make his debut in stores soon - Jun 10, 2010
- Mr. Potato Head Pays Tribute To The Legendary Elvis Presley - Jun 10, 2010
- Mark Dayton Wins Minnesota Democratic Primary Election - Aug 11, 2010
- Norah Jones inspired by Elvis - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,