Elvis Presley’s toe tag up for grabsJuly 22nd, 2010 - 6:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 22 (ANI): The embalmer who took care of Elvis Presley’s body after his death is auctioning off the toe tag he put on the King of Rock and Roll’s corpse.
The mortician worked at the Memphis funeral home where Elvis’ body was taken.
He is also selling off other items used to prepare his corpse.
The objects up for sale in Chicago include rubber gloves, forceps, a comb, eye liner, lip brushes and arterial tubes.
The toe tag reads ‘John Doe’, because a fan nicked the one reading ‘Elvis Presley’ soon after his death in August 1977.
“It’s a disgrace. His everlasting memory should be of his singing, not the gruesome and grubby items used to clean up his corpse,” The Daily Star quoted Elvis’ fan Stewart Dalrymple as saying. (ANI)
- Elvis Presley's autopsy tools removed from auction - Jul 24, 2010
- Elvis Presley's autopsy tools to be auctioned - Jul 22, 2010
- Presley's crypt for sale - May 29, 2012
- Elvis' bible sold - Sep 10, 2012
- Elvis Presley The New Mr. Potato Head Toy To Be Released - Jun 10, 2010
- Norah Jones inspired by Elvis - Apr 30, 2012
- Now Presley's personal belongings to be auctioned - Jul 27, 2010
- Presley's hologram to be made soon - Jun 08, 2012
- Rare Elvis Presley Photos Dating Back To 1957 Discovered - Jul 03, 2010
- Rescued Chilean Miner Goes To Graceland - Jan 08, 2011
- Elvis Mr. Potato Head to make his debut in stores soon - Jun 10, 2010
- Indian artists join in creating Elvis Presley comic (With Images) - May 05, 2012
- Elvis Presley's memoirs to be up for grabs - Jul 26, 2010
- Presley turned into comic book character - Jul 21, 2011
- Rare Elvis Photos Found in His Father's Files, Now In Graceland Display - Jul 02, 2010
Tags: brushes, comb, corpse, daily star, dalrymple, disgrace, elvis fan, elvis presley, embalmer, everlasting memory, eye liner, grabs, john doe, king of rock, king of rock and roll, memphis funeral, mortician, rock and roll, rubber gloves, toe tag