Elvis Crespo releases new albumMay 2nd, 2012 - 12:39 pm ICT by IANS
Miami, May 2 (IANS/EFE) Puerto Rican singer Elvis Crespo Tuesday has released his 12th album, “Los Monsters”.
“I still have to defend myself just like the first day. I think that if I’m overconfident, if I rest on my laurels, I’m not going to work in the same way,” said Crespo in an interview with EFE.
The performer mentioned the years 2002 and 2003, when he said “I let myself be led by my name and by my ego” after the success of his hits “Suavemente” and “Pintame”.
The consequences, according to the Puerto Rican singer, were that “I was not up to the circumstances” and due to his lack of maturity he could not see success because he was captivated “by the excesses”.
But the years and the “blessing of surrounding oneself with people who help me to keep my feet on the ground” have put him on the right track.
“On this record, I managed to gather together many companions and make it really danceable, fusing merenge with vallenato, urban (genre) and more,” he said.
The album contains 12 songs, including collaborations with Tono Rosario, Maffio, Los del Puente, Angel y Kriz and Jorge Celedon.
The winner of a Latino Grammy, Crespo has sold more than 4 million albums.
- Grammy-winner says his next baby will be a singer - Jan 25, 2012
- `Tierra Firme' my most mature album: Luis Fonsi - Jul 06, 2011
- Composer of hits for Daddy Yankee releases single - Jun 01, 2011
- Grammy-winning band to release new album - Feb 28, 2012
- Anahi makes US debut as shoe designer - Aug 22, 2012
- Puerto Rican rapper releases new album - Nov 02, 2011
- Ruben Blades, Cheo Feliciano release salsa CD - May 31, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias's new album goes double platinum - Feb 09, 2011
- Feliciano's new CD dedicated to Elvis Presley - Jan 12, 2012
- Ricky Martin's new album doing well - Feb 10, 2011
- Ex-Miss Universe resumes acting career after having baby - Aug 04, 2012
- Music stars denounce Puerto Rico crime wave - Mar 01, 2011
- Zoe Saldana ends 11-year relationship - Nov 15, 2011
- Noelia to launch singles from new album in US, Europe - Mar 19, 2012
- Cheo Feliciano to join Dominican singer for his new album - Jul 07, 2011
Tags: angel y kriz, circumstances, collaborations, companions, consequences, efe, ego, elvis crespo, excesses, feet on the ground, genre, grammy, jorge celedon, laurels, maturity, monsters, new album, puerto rican, rosario