Elton John raises 1.3 mn pounds for AIDSOctober 29th, 2011 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Oct 29 (IANS) Singer Sir Elton John raised more than 1.3 million pounds for his AIDS charity by throwing a star-studded gala event here.
The singer hosted his 10th annual Enduring Vision event at Cipriani Wall Street in Manhattan to raise money for the Elton John AIDS Foundation, Dailystar.co.uk reported.
Stars like Alec Baldwin, Jon Bon Jovi, Kelly Rutherford and Sarah Ferguson turned out in support.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo also attended the event.
John took the opportunity to thank him for the state’s recent recognition of gay marriage, praising the politician for “taking a stand in New York and making the dream of marriage equality a reality in the state.”
- Zeta-Jones sings at school fundraiser - Apr 24, 2012
- Rihanna surprises at Bon Jovi's show - Nov 09, 2010
- Baldwin dating yoga teacher? - Jun 02, 2011
- George Michael sings for Elton John's charity - Nov 08, 2011
- Brand to receive Man of the Year award - Oct 29, 2011
- Alec Baldwin drops pants on TV show - Jun 22, 2012
- Acting not appealing any more to Jon Bon Jovi - Dec 11, 2010
- Madonna plans to buy horse farm in New York - Dec 11, 2009
- Bon Jovi to star with De Niro in new movie - Jan 27, 2011
- Bon Jovi to star in 'Valentine's Day' follow-up 'New Year's Eve' - Jan 26, 2011
- Alejandro Sanz to sing with Tony Bennett - Sep 14, 2011
- Elton John sues banker - Sep 15, 2011
- Affleck supports politician's campaign - May 24, 2012
- Jon Bon Jovi injured during stage show - Jul 12, 2010
- Jon Bon Jovi performs despite knee injury - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: aids charity, alec baldwin, andrew cuomo, bon jovi, cipriani wall street, dailystar, elton john, elton john aids foundation, enduring vision, gala event, gay marriage, governor andrew, jon bon jovi, kelly rutherford, marriage equality, politician, sarah ferguson, sir elton john, taking a stand, york governor