Elton John hospitalised for respiratory infectionMay 25th, 2012 - 3:39 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 25 (IANS) Singer Elton John had to be rushed to a hospital here due to a respiratory infection.
The “Candle in the wind” singer was rushed to the Cedars-Sinai Hospital here and has undergone tests. Doctors have advised him not to perform for the next seven days, reports thesun.co.uk.
As a result, he will have to cancel four concerts of his Million Dollar Piano residency at Las Vegas’ Caesars Palace scheduled for the weekend.
He has been advised “complete rest and antibiotic treatment to prevent damage.”
“It feels strange not to be able to perform these Million Dollar Piano concerts at the Colosseum. I love performing the show and I will be thrilled when we return to the Colosseum in October to complete the 11 concerts. All I can say to the fans is ’sorry Ican’t be with you’,” said John.
The 65-year-old had earlier cancelled two concerts in February, after he got down with food poisoning.
- Elton John recovering well from infection - May 30, 2012
- Sir Elton John to return to Las Vegas for 3-year gig - Apr 20, 2011
- Rod Stewart announces 2-year Las Vegas residency - May 11, 2011
- Elton John cancels another show - Oct 26, 2009
- Immunity boosting vitamin can fight superbugs - Aug 28, 2012
- Zachary's birth on Christmas Day a blessing in disguise: Elton John - Apr 25, 2011
- Elton John gets standing ovation as he bids farewell to Las Vegas fans - Apr 24, 2009
- Elizabeth Taylor on road to recovery - Feb 16, 2011
- Elton not performing at Prince Williams' wedding - Jan 25, 2011
- Cher to bring curtain down on her Vegas residency in Feb next year - Sep 22, 2010
- Fears over Liz Taylor's health as hospital stay extended - Feb 14, 2011
- Bobbi Kristina to see Whitney's body Saturday - Feb 17, 2012
- Celine Dion cancels Las Vegas gigs - Feb 28, 2012
- Antibiotic found promising in irritable bowel syndrome - Jan 07, 2011
- Kourtney finds water birth 'brutally painful' - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: antibiotic treatment, caesars palace, candle in the wind, cedars sinai hospital, colosseum, doctors, elton john, food poisoning, hospitalised, las vegas, piano concerts, respiratory infection, seven days, thesun