Elton John helped me get over drug addiction: EminemMay 15th, 2009 - 12:43 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 15 (IANS) Eminem credits Sir Elton John with helping him conquer his drug habits. The rapper got counselling sessions from the rock legend over the phone.
“I talk to Elton (John) a lot. We became friends and I talk to him about things, career wise. He had a substance abuse problem in the past. So when I first wanted to get sober, I called him because he is somebody in the business who can relate to the lifestyle and how hectic things can be,” thesun.co.uk quoted Eminem as saying.
“So I told him, ‘Look, I’m going through a problem and I need your advice’,” he added.
Elton John and Eminem became friends after they performed together at the Grammys in 2001.
- Eminem turned to Elton John to beat drug addiction - May 14, 2009
- Elton John helping Eminem fight drug use - Jan 03, 2010
- Eminem compares his drug addiction to MJ's - Nov 19, 2010
- When Adele refused to talk to Elton John - Jun 05, 2012
- Cliff Richards wants duet with Rihanna - Dec 24, 2011
- I was scared of admitting my weakness: Eminem - Jun 17, 2010
- Eminem says that usage of Ambien erased his memory for that duration - Oct 18, 2011
- Obama remembers Donna Summer - May 20, 2012
- I ain't no womaniser, says Will.I.Am - May 24, 2010
- Will Hurley still be godmother to Elton John's baby after Warne 'debacle'? - Jan 02, 2011
- Elton John helps Eminem to get off drugs - Jan 04, 2010
- Elton John regrets selling collection - Feb 04, 2011
- Rihanna warned over drugs, Chris Brown - Mar 12, 2012
- Elton John would give up knighthood for Oscar - Nov 01, 2010
- Ronnie Woods' friends help him stay sober - Mar 09, 2010