Ellen Degeneres Show: Rihanna PerformsFebruary 16th, 2010 - 5:16 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
By Angela Kaye Mason
Feb 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Ellen started off today’s Ellen DeGeneres Show with a playful dig at “Snookie” from “Jersey Shore.” She announced that today was President’s Day in honor of Abraham Washington and George Lincoln. “Or at least that’s what Snookie told me,” she laughed.
She then had several of her audience members perform their talents, which included everything from walking on their hands across other audience members to magic tricks. There was also a man who did many twirling and tossing tricks with a flaming Bo-staff. Quite impressive! They each got a one thousand dollar gift card from Best Buy. Then Ellen did her daily dance around the audience.
“The Ellen DeGeneres Show” is having a huge President’s Day sell in the Ellen shop.Abraham Lincoln was working the register, and George Washington was working there as well, according to Ellen. This was, of course, all props, but you can see the video of it on Itunes here. Actually there are many items for sale on Ellen’s website.
Eric Dane was the first guest star to be brought out. He and his wife are expecting their first baby, a girl, and although they have a name picked out, they are not revealing it until she is born. He is a star of Grey’s Anatomy and the new movie”Valentine’s Day. Ellen asked him if they would name the baby “Ellen.” “I wouldn’t rule it out,” he said, ” because of the way I feel about you.” “Good answer!” Ellen laughed.
The next guest star on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” was a four year old dancer from Chine by the name of “Yiming Wang.” Dressed as “Michael Jackson,” he did a lot of moves which were similar to Michael’s, to the song “Dangerous.” He was so cute! After his performance, Ellen told him, ” I know that one of the things that you wanted to do while you were in America is to go to Disney World, so we are going to send you and your family to Disney World.” He responded with a Donald Duck impression which had the audience laughing.
This week is “Game Week” on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and to kick it off, Ellen played ” Know or Go” with three audience members. You may remember the “Know or Go” game. Three people stand on a high platform over trap door. Ellen asks them each questions and if they answer incorrectly, Ellen drops them through the trap door. The first one dropped quickly after thinking that there were 52 states. The second one was gone after not knowing which president ended his career with the words ” I am not a thief.” (It was Nixon.) And the third did not know which president “could not tell a lie” (Washington) They each won a couple of prizes, though, including a 52 inch Vizio television.
Then it was finally time for “Rihanna” to perform. She sang her new hit song “Rude Boy.” She was dressed in a short gold top and yellow shorts. She did a great job on the song, as usual. Then Jessica Ramerez played “Know or Go” for the audience. If she could answer 5 questions correctly, each audience member would get a limited edition, two hundred dollar a pair headset created by Dr Dre and Bono. A portion of the sale of every pair of these goes to fund Aids help in Africa. They are also in the daily giveaway on Ellen here.
That was today’s “Ellen DeGeneres Show.” I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading. Comments are appreciated. Have a nice day!
- Aniston tries out DeGeneres' 'nipple vibrator' b'day gift on air! - Feb 05, 2011
- 'Jersey Shore' star Snooki woke up in garbage bin after night of drinking - Jan 07, 2011
- Berry shows off 'embarrassing' sweaty armpits on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' - Nov 17, 2010
- Ellen DeGeneres Gets Praises On "So You Think You Can Dance" Finale - Aug 14, 2010
- Ellen DeGeneres: Liza Minnelli Speaks on Michael Jackson - Oct 12, 2011
- Ellen DeGeneres, Lady Gaga share kiss after singer performs new song - Apr 30, 2011
- Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi reveals she reads at Barnes and Noble - Sep 16, 2010
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show: Edward Norton - Jan 15, 2010
- Ellen DeGeneres Treated for Chest Pains; Jennifer Garner Stars - Sep 28, 2011
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show: Kellie Pickler & Sade - Feb 17, 2010
- Ellen DeGeneres Show: Show Number 1100 - Feb 09, 2010
- Obama's comment on Michelle taken as oral sex joke - Jun 08, 2012
- Ellen DeGeneres: Glen Campbell's Last Tour - Oct 13, 2011
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show: Jackie Chan Stars - Jan 09, 2010
- Mariah Carey won't 'force' pink on daughter - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: abraham lincoln, audience members, best buy, bo staff, chine, daily dance, disney world, dollar gift, donald duck, ellen degeneres, ellen degeneres show, eric dane, george lincoln, good answer, guest star, jersey shore, magic tricks, rihanna, snookie, valentine s day