Ellen DeGeneres: Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez Discuss ‘The Way’October 19th, 2011 - 2:55 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Father/son actors Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez were on ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’ today to discuss their new movie, ‘The Way’ with Ellen. Of course Ellen asked about Charlie Sheen as well, although the news surrounding the prodigal son has toned down quite a bit.
Emilio and Martin live about 250 yards from each other, a fact which fascinated Ellen. When asked about Charlie, Martin said, “You know, you don’t ever want any of your children to get away from you…” He went on to share that he was holding on to Charlie, and that Charlie is doing better. Ellen made the point that although the media and television makes jokes about Charlie, for his family, the issues are not funny. Emilio agreed, adding that they are a real family, and these are real problems.
Emilio has a twenty-seven year old son, and says that it is hard to believe he is that old. He has enjoyed working with his dad on this new movie, because it brought him even closer to Martin. Martin agrees, and said that they had the time of their lives. The film was shot in France and Spain, and Ellen said that it is beautiful landscape.
Emilio directs the film, which shares the story of a man (played by Sheen) who decides to trek “The Way of St James,” or El Camino de Santiago, after his son (played by Emilio) dies suddenly while making the same five hundred mile trek. The trek through France and Spain is one which thousands continue to make every year.
- Hindus want Martin Sheen to take up cause of apartheid of European Roma - Feb 26, 2011
- Martin Sheen says that Charlie Sheen is 'emotionally crippled' - Mar 22, 2011
- Martin Sheen, Emilio Estevez to co-write father-son memoir - Jan 20, 2011
- Charlie Sheen's Uncle Takes Advantage Of Nephew's Rehab - Jan 30, 2011
- Charlie Sheen is emotionally crippled by his addictions, says father Martin - Mar 22, 2011
- Martin Sheen honoured for Hollywood career - Aug 22, 2011
- Sheen is a different guy now, says brother - Aug 20, 2011
- Charlie Sheen admits that he was 'In Total Denial' about the show 'Two and a Half Men' - Jun 07, 2012
- 'Finding Nemo' 3D in India before US (With Images) - Aug 01, 2012
- 'American Idol' named top 'TV money-spinner' by Forbes - Mar 19, 2011
- Ellen: Jack Black, Steve Martin, and Owen Wilson - Oct 11, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey named highest earning celebrity of 2010 - Mar 14, 2011
- Ellen DeGeneres: X Factor Cast Stars - Sep 29, 2011
- Charlie Sheen's daughter's wedding held last month - Oct 02, 2010
- 'Charlie is emotionally child, going through hell' - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: actors, camino de santiago, charlie martin, charlie sheen, dad, el camino de santiago, ellen degeneres, emilio estevez, jokes, landscape, martin sheen, mile trek, prodigal son, spain, st james, television