Ellen DeGeneres, George Takei to remain married despite gay marriage banMay 27th, 2009 - 2:08 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 27 (ANI): American talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and actor George Takei’s same sex marriages will remain legal despite the new ruling to uphold the ban on gay weddings in California.
The California Supreme Court has revealed that those gay couples who exchanged vows between May and November last year will be considered married, reports Contactmusic.
The ban came into effect late last year (08) - six months after gay marriages were declared legal in May (08).
DeGeneres wed girlfriend Portia De Rossi and Star Trek actor Takei exchanged vows with longtime partner Brad Altman during the legal window on same sex marriages.
Responding to the latest development, DeGeneres, said “One day, when everyone is treated with full equality, we’ll look back and realise how wrong this was.” (ANI)
- Portia de Rossi set to legally take on wife Ellen DeGeneres' last name - Aug 10, 2010
- Portia de Rossi petitions the LA Court as she wants to take on Ellen DeGeneres' last name - Aug 11, 2010
- Portia de Rossi is now officially Portia DeGeneres - Sep 24, 2010
- Portia de Rossi Takes Wife Ellen DeGeneres' Name - Sep 24, 2010
- Portia de Rossi takes on partner Ellen DeGeneres' name - Sep 27, 2010
- Portia De Rossi Files Petition To Take Up Spouse Ellen DeGeneres' Name - Aug 10, 2010
- Portia De Rossi Officially Changes Name - Sep 24, 2010
- George Takei celebrates new ruling over gay marriage - Aug 06, 2010
- Ellen DeGeneres saddened by same-sex marriage ban - Nov 07, 2008
- Ellen DeGeneres ''saddened'' by same-sex marriage ban - Nov 07, 2008
- Portia de Rossi wants Oz politicians to back gay marriage - Nov 21, 2010
- Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres sell off their home - Oct 06, 2011
- Portia de Rossi turns down offer to be first same-sex contestant on DWTS - Dec 08, 2010
- DeGeneres buys airtime for pro-gay marriage ad - Oct 20, 2008
- Talk show queen DeGeneres marries girlfriend - Aug 18, 2008
Tags: actor george, brad altman, california supreme court, ellen degeneres, equality, gay couples, gay marriage ban, gay marriages, gay weddings, george takei, girlfriend, longtime partner, marriage, portia de rossi, same sex marriages, six months, star trek, talk show host, talk show host ellen, vows