Ellen DeGeneres and partner claim to be ‘happily married without children’June 24th, 2009 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 24 (ANI): Ellen DeGeneres and partner Portia de Rossi are not planning to have kids anytime soon, as they think themselves to be “happily married without children”.
While the couple had earlier said that they did talk about being moms, they have finally decided that they are happier being cool aunts.
“I don’t think we’re going to have kids. We have animals, and we love them. And, you know, we are brand new aunts. Her brother and his wife just had a baby girl who’s a month old now, and it’s fun to be a part of that,” People magazine quoted DeGeneres as telling AOL Television.
After tying the knot last summer, DeGeneres said: “It’s something we would never take lightly and just say, ‘That would be fun.’ It’s a lot of work and we recognize that. In a way, we want to be selfish because we love our life, but we know how much that adds to it.”
And, since then, DeGeneres, 51, and de Rossi, 36, who have crusaded for gay marriage, prefer focussing on their relationship rather than having children.
“It’s just a huge responsibility, and I don’t know that that’s something we want to take on. We’re very happily married without children,” said DeGeneres. (ANI)
- Portia de Rossi & Ellen DeGeneres to come out with a comedy show - Sep 12, 2011
- Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres sell off their home - Oct 06, 2011
- Portia de Rossi Takes Wife Ellen DeGeneres' Name - Sep 24, 2010
- Portia de Rossi petitions the LA Court as she wants to take on Ellen DeGeneres' last name - Aug 11, 2010
- Minaj wants baby in five years - May 11, 2012
- Portia De Rossi adopts Ellen DeGeneres' surname - Sep 25, 2010
- Portia de Rossi takes on partner Ellen DeGeneres' name - Sep 27, 2010
- Portia De Rossi Officially Changes Name - Sep 24, 2010
- Portia de Rossi Planning To Write Memoir - Apr 10, 2010
- Portia de Rossi is now officially Portia DeGeneres - Sep 24, 2010
- Fifth child on Beckhams' mind - Sep 21, 2011
- Dancing With The Stars: Whom Can You Expect In Season 12? - Dec 02, 2010
- Portia de Rossi turns down offer to be first same-sex contestant on DWTS - Dec 08, 2010
- Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi named best celebrity babysitters - May 08, 2009
- Love Hewitt wants to date Adam Levine? - Apr 06, 2012