Elle mag in race row after ‘whitening’ Ash’s skin on its coverDecember 24th, 2010 - 12:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 24 (ANI): Fashion bible Elle magazine has been caught in a race row after reportedly whitening the skin of Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on its cover.
Readers reacted with anger after it was suggested that the fashion magazine might have digitally “bleached” the complexion of the former Miss World.
The 37-year-old, who has also starred in Bride & Prejudice and The Pink Panther 2, appears on the cover of this month’s Indian edition of the magazine.
However, her skin appears to be several shades lighter than her normal colour.
Inside the magazine, she is again pictured in a series of shots, all showing her with pale skin, reports the Daily Mail.
Fans have been posting angry comments online about the latest cover, with one saying: “It’s annoying because it seems like lighter skin is always in fashion as if darker skin is something to be frowned upon.” (ANI)
- Aishwarya Rai to sue Elle magazine cover 'skin-whitening' scandal - Jan 01, 2011
- Ash 'greedy' about working with different directors (With Image) - Mar 15, 2012
- From model to motherhood - Aishwarya's fairytale journey (With Images) - Jun 25, 2011
- Vogue's 'dawn of dusk' treatment for 'Snow White syndrome' in India - Apr 11, 2010
- Know The Best Eye Shadow For Your Eye Color - Nov 14, 2010
- Bridal makeup: Less is more - Nov 13, 2011
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Here comes the - botox - bride - Jul 13, 2012
- Popular teeth-whitening methods can rob you of your smile - Nov 05, 2010
- Vaseline launches a skin lightening Facebook application - Jul 13, 2010
- Sammy Sosa admits that he bleached his skin to make it fairer - Nov 15, 2009
- Which colour suits your personality best - Jun 04, 2009
- Deepika dons racy swimsuit for Vogue cover (With Image) - May 29, 2012
- Kelly Osbourne defends bleached brows - Aug 08, 2012
- Abhi-Ash to meet Oprah on her maiden India visit - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,