Elizabeth Taylor Makes Love Letters From Richard Burton PublicJune 2nd, 2010 - 10:34 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
June 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) For the first time in history, Elizabeth Taylor has decided to make her love letters from Richard Burton accessible to the public, sharing the passionate secrets of a twenty year love affair, complete with turbulence, playfulness, and fire, which lasted for twenty years and survived through two marriages.
In ‘Vanity Fair’s’ July edition, an article will be printed states that although she is sharing her love affair with Burton to the world, she will be keeping on letter private. This particular letter was written by Burton just days before he died in Switzerland of a brain hemorrhage in 1984. The letter did not reach Elizabeth in California until after his death, and memorial service, was already over.
The 78 year old Taylor will however share the bulk of those letters with Kashner and Schoenberger, who are to release the book, “Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century”, which is the cover story of Vanity Fair magazine, and will hit the news stands all over the United States on June 8. The book itself will be published by ‘HarperCollins’ in June 15.
The torrid affair between the actor and actress began in 1962 on the set of ‘Cleopatra’. Their love was forbidden at the time, since they were both still married to other people, and the Vatican denounced their affair. Their marriage lasted from 1964 to 1974, and then they wed again in 1975, and divorced again in 1976.
- Richard Burton told Elizabeth Taylor: I'll kill myself if you leave me - Jun 02, 2010
- Jolie and Zeta Jones to battle out for Elizabeth Taylor role - Jul 19, 2010
- Jolie, Zeta-Jones may play Elizabeth Taylor in biopic - Jul 20, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor Releases Richard Burton's Love Letters - Jun 02, 2010
- Burton's suicidal letters to Taylor revealed - Jun 02, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor Discharges The Passionate Love Letters Of Richard Burton - Jun 02, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor denies biopic reports - Jul 23, 2010
- Jolie, Zeta-Jones will not portray me in biopic: Elizabeth Taylor - Jul 24, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor presents a bust of Richard Burton to Prince Charles - May 03, 2010
- Jolie 'to play Elizabeth Taylor' - Aug 01, 2010
- Jolie beats Zeta-Jones to play Taylor in biopic - Aug 02, 2010
- Unseen pics of Richard Burton, Elizabeth Taylor to feature in new book - Jul 25, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan's Wardrobe malfunction in 'Dick and Liz' - Jun 06, 2012
- Battle over Liz Taylor memoirs begins just days after her death - Mar 25, 2011
- Brad-Jolie may reunite on screen for historical - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: actor and actress, brain hemorrhage, cleopatra, elizabeth taylor, harpercollins, love affair, love letters, marriage, old taylor, playfulness, richard burton, schoenberger, those letters, time in history, torrid affair, turbulence, twenty years, vanity fair, vanity fair magazine, vatican