Elizabeth Taylor’ fragrance tops celebrity perfumes listDecember 30th, 2009 - 11:49 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 30 (IANS) Legendary actress Elizabeth Taylor has seen off competition from pop diva Britney Spears and Sarah Jessica Parker to be named the celebrity with the best-selling perfume of all time.
The Hollywood legend’s fragrance ‘White Diamonds’, which was first released by Elizabeth Arden in 1991, took $67.2 million in 2008, reports imdb.com.
Meanwhile hip-hop star Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs polled in second place with his ‘Unforgivable’ scent, which made $48.5 million last year.
Celine Dion’s self-named perfume and Sarah Jessica Parker’s ‘Lovely’ fragrance were placed third and fourth respectively in the survey by Euromonitor International.
Elsewhere Jennifer Lopez came in at number seven with ‘Glow’ and Spears was eighth with ‘Curious’.
- Dame Elizabeth Taylor's fragrance tops celebrity perfumes poll - Dec 31, 2009
- Longoria Parker to launch signature perfume - Dec 23, 2009
- JLo tops list of perfume makers - Jun 30, 2012
- George Clooney's fragrance deal dropped over $30m cost - Mar 05, 2011
- Jil Sander creates new scent - Jul 03, 2011
- Liz Taylor's 'White Diamonds' still best-selling celeb fragrance - Mar 25, 2011
- Now Bruce Willis to bring out own scent! - Apr 16, 2010
- Swift's perfume has 'everything' - Oct 22, 2011
- Dion to launch another fragrance - Jul 24, 2011
- Arjun Rampal's perfume to be launched Jan 12 - Jan 07, 2012
- Taylor Swift to come up with her first fragrance - Nov 02, 2010
- Bieber's perfume rakes in $3 mn - Jul 16, 2011
- Britney agrees to pay to end lawsuit - Feb 18, 2012
- Mariah Carey to release perfume trio - Jun 16, 2011
- Taylor Swift to launch own fragrance - Nov 02, 2010
Tags: 5 million, actress elizabeth taylor, britney spears, celine dion, elizabeth arden, elizabeth taylor, euromonitor international, fragrance, hip hop star, hollywood, hollywood legend, jennifer lopez, legendary actress, number seven, perfume, perfumes, pop diva, sarah jessica parker, sean diddy combs, white diamonds