Elizabeth Taylor Discharges The Passionate Love Letters Of Richard BurtonJune 2nd, 2010 - 8:33 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
June 2, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Hollywood megastar, Elizabeth Taylor, recently resolved to discharge the famous love letters that she attained from her departed former husband, Richard Burton. What is interesting about these love letters is that they illustrate the personality of their relationship and how unpredictable it was. The unstable nature of their alliance left the Welsh actor in such a dire condition that he desired to hang himself.
As mentioned in a piece of writing at contactmusic.com, the prominent Elizabeth Taylor has divulged the passionate love letters that Burton supplied to her all through their turbulent alliance. The riotousness of their liaison led to them walking down the aisle on two occasions. Their matrimony was also annulled on two occasions.
The 78-year-old Elizabeth Taylor, deemed to be one of the splendid and gorgeous actresses of Hollywood’s Golden Age, narrated her compilation of love letters to the writers of ‘Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century.’ This is a book that dissects the disorderly but intensely passionate affair of the two.
In one letter, Burton explicated his inability to exist without the company of Taylor. He had inscribed, “If you leave me, I shall have to kill myself. There is no life without you.” In another communication, he has fervently expounded, “You must know, of course, how much I love you. You must know, of course, how badly I treat you.”
Excerpts from the aforementioned book have been printed in the June edition of the Vanity Fair magazine. The book, aided by the love letters, also exhibit that the relationship of the twosome had a lighthearted side to it in concert with a hot-headed side.
Burton had numerous juvenile names, which he would utilize to call Elizabeth, such as ‘Twit Twaddle’ and the immense ‘Dearest Scrupelshrumpilstilskin.’
Elizabeth Taylor is the striking actress, who has enacted memorable characters in several films, two of them being ‘Cleopatra’ and ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?’ She is also recognized owing to her numerous matrimonies.
- Richard Burton told Elizabeth Taylor: I'll kill myself if you leave me - Jun 02, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor Releases Richard Burton's Love Letters - Jun 02, 2010
- Indians loved Elizabeth Taylor, the original Hollywood diva - Mar 24, 2011
- Unseen pics of Richard Burton, Elizabeth Taylor to feature in new book - Jul 25, 2010
- Jolie and Zeta Jones to battle out for Elizabeth Taylor role - Jul 19, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor Makes Love Letters From Richard Burton Public - Jun 02, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan's Wardrobe malfunction in 'Dick and Liz' - Jun 06, 2012
- Legendary actress Elizabeth Taylor in hospital due to heart failure - Feb 14, 2011
- Battle over Liz Taylor memoirs begins just days after her death - Mar 25, 2011
- Burton's suicidal letters to Taylor revealed - Jun 02, 2010
- Jolie, Zeta-Jones may play Elizabeth Taylor in biopic - Jul 20, 2010
- Christie's to auction Liz Taylor's clothes, accessories - Jun 30, 2011
- Brad-Jolie may reunite on screen for historical - Jun 11, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor presents a bust of Richard Burton to Prince Charles - May 03, 2010
- Angelina Jolie To Revive Cleopatra In Her Next Hollywood Venture - Jun 14, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,