Elizabeth Taylor auction raises over $150 mnDecember 21st, 2011 - 9:50 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 21 (IANS) An auction of late actress Elizabeth Taylor’s belongings has raised $156.6 million.
The money from the collection of jewellery, gowns, artwork and memorabilia from films of the late actress will go to the Elizabeth Taylor Trust, with a portion of the profits to be donated to the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation.
“My family is proud that our mother’s legacy as a celebrated actress, tireless AIDS activist and accomplished businesswoman touched so many people’s lives that they wanted to have a part of it for themselves,” contactmusic.com quoted Elizabeth’s son Chris Wilding as saying.
“My mother always acknowledged that she was merely the temporary custodian of the incredible things she owned. I think she would be happy to know that her collections will continue to enrich the lives of those who have acquired them,” he added.
- Christie's to auction Liz Taylor's clothes, accessories - Jun 30, 2011
- Stars pay tribute as 'beautiful' Dame Elizabeth Taylor dies - Mar 24, 2011
- Beckham to buy Taylor's jewellery for Victoria - Sep 20, 2011
- Liz Taylor's jewellery collection up for grabs - Apr 11, 2011
- When Liz Taylor didn't return Donatella's ring - Jun 04, 2012
- Indians loved Elizabeth Taylor, the original Hollywood diva - Mar 24, 2011
- Winehouse's 'Back To Black' dress on auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Elizabeth Taylor leaves bulk of fortune for AIDS charity - Mar 27, 2011
- Liz Taylor planning tell-all from beyond the grave - Mar 06, 2011
- Liz Taylor's $150M jewellery collection to go under the hammer - Mar 29, 2011
- Rest in peace Elizabeth Taylor, Bollywood celebs tweet - Mar 24, 2011
- LiLo 'treasures' Elizabeth Taylor's ring - Feb 25, 2012
- Taylor's pearl fetches record money - Dec 14, 2011
- Did Elizabeth Taylor give up her secret love child out of wedlock? - Apr 27, 2011
- Burton went almost broke trying to please Elizabeth Taylor - Apr 24, 2011
Tags: 6 million, actress elizabeth taylor, aids, aids foundation, artwork, auction, belongings, businesswoman, celebrated actress, chris wilding, collections, custodian, elizabeth taylor, films, gowns, incredible things, legacy, london, memorabilia, profits