Elisabeth Hasselbeck confronts Bill MaherNovember 16th, 2011 - 10:34 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Elizabeth Hasselbeck placed Bill Maher on the spot for a joke that he made about her and CBS reporter Lara Logan earlier in the year. When Maher got on the show on Tuesday, Elizabeth confronted him.
During his “Real Time” show on the 4th of February 2011, Maher was joking about the Egyptian uprising when he said that, “New rule: now that Hosni Mubarak has released Lara Logan: he must put her intrepid hotness on a plane immediately. In exchange, we will send Elisabeth Hasselbeck.”
Elizabeth sounded serious when she told Maher that she didn’t find his joke funny. She said the joke was an insult to womanhood and challenged him to declare if she was wrong about that.
Maher put up some defense when he said that his joke was not directed at the personality of Elizabeth. He explained that as a public figure, Elizabeth should understand some of those jokes.
Elizabeth’s co-hosts and comedian Joy Behar who was a guest on the show agreed. After the show, Maher seemed to have the support of Twitter users as well.
Maher appeared on David Letterman’s show and joked that when he got on the “View Show,” he “was abused. I felt like a teenage boy at Penn State.”
- Barbara Walters & David Letterman discuss heart surgeries on 'The View' - Sep 08, 2010
- A woman in black robe saved me from Cairo rapists: Lara Logan - May 02, 2011
- Cairo mob raped me with their hands, says CBS reporter Lara Logan - Apr 29, 2011
- CBS correspondent Lara Logan 'sexually assaulted while covering Egypt protests - Feb 16, 2011
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck says older women turn lesbians for lack of men - Jul 29, 2010
- I was more afraid of being raped than shot, says female war correspondent - Feb 17, 2011
- Lara Logan was 'stripped, punched and beaten with flagpoles during Egypt attack' - Feb 22, 2011
- Joy Behar Turns 68, Celebrates Birthday On "The View" - Oct 08, 2010
- Obama calls CBS correspondent Lara Logan after sexual assault - Feb 17, 2011
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck Returns To "THE VIEW" - Oct 20, 2009
- CBS correspondent Lara Logan 'vows to return to work within weeks' - Feb 17, 2011
- Clinton 'very concerned' about sexual assault on CBS News correspondent Lara Logan - Feb 18, 2011
- O'Reilly's 'Muslims killed us on 9/11' remark prompts Whoopi to walk off - Oct 15, 2010
- Sean Penn joins Egyptian makeover efforts - Oct 02, 2011
- Teresa Giudice Talks About Her Bankruptcy On "The View" - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: bill maher, cbs, comedian, david letterman, elisabeth hasselbeck, elizabeth hasselbeck, hosni mubarak, hosts, hotness, insult, joke, jokes, joy behar, lara logan, penn state, personality, real time, teenage boy, uprising, womanhood