Ekta Kapoor to appear on Madhavan’s game show? (TV Snippets)July 9th, 2010 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 9 (IANS) If the grapevine is to be believed, Indian television tsarina Ekta Kapoor might soon put her small screen knowledge to the test on Imagine TV’s game show “Big Money”.
The television heavyweight, who has produced iconic shows like “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” and “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii” for the small screen, might be seen with her family members on “Big Money”, said a reliable source.
“Big Money”, hosted by multilingual actor R. Madhavan, will go on air Saturday. It offers prize money of Rs.10 million and is played with four family members. The show will have questions related to everything shown on TV.
Questions like - Who is Popeye’s girlfriend? Whom did Indian Cricket team caption Mahindra Singh Dhoni marry? The tagline of which washing powder is ‘Daag Achche Hain’? - will be asked on the show.
While a lot of common people will get a chance to try their luck, many popular faces from small screen and Bollywood are expected to be seen too.
Surekha Sikri wants Lucknow’s Nivedita to be Anandi
Of the three girls contending to replace child actress Avika Gor to play grown up Anandi in “Balika Vadhu”, veteran actress Surekha Sikri is rooting for Nivedita Tiwari from Lucknow.
Sikri, who plays the role of Dadisaa in the popular show, is apparently supporting her since she herself is from Lucknow, says a source.
Nivedita is competing against Jamshedpur-based Pratyusha Banerjee and Ketaki Chitale from Mumbai, to play the character after the show takes a five-year generation leap.
The channel, Colors, has launched a poll whereby the audience will get to choose their favourite candidate for Anandi’s role through SMS.
Goatee or French - Sandip Soparrkar experiments with beards
Sometimes it’s a small, fashionable goatee and sometimes a spiked French beard. Ace choreographer Sandip Soparrkar has been seen experimenting with his beard on children’s dance reality show “Dance India Dance L’il Masters”.
“It’s showbiz, guys. You’ve got to keep re-inventing yourself. A little extra time in the make-up room is a small price to pay for all the compliments that flow in when people notice the new styles,” Soparrkar, who is judging the show, said in a press statement.
The choreographer, who shares the judge’s seat with Farah Khan on the show, is also seen sports different styles and colours of hats in each episode.
Ammaji wins ‘Kitchen Champion’
Television actress Meghna Malik, better known as the strict and conservative Aammaji from “Naa Aana Iss Des Laado”, has won the first season of Colors’ cookery game show “Kitchen Champion”.
She pipped actress Bhairavi Raichuri, who plays child bride Anandi’s mother in “Balika Vadhu”, in the finale telecast Friday.
Now the second season of the reality show is set to kickstart Monday afternoon. Actors Nandish Sandhu and Rashmi Desai, who plays Veer and Tapasya respectively in “Uttaran”, will compete against each other in the new season where men are pitted against women in the kitchen.
- Small screen's Anandi glams up for 'Jhalak…' (With Image) - May 23, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012
- Sonu follows Baba Ramdev's health tips (TV Snippets) - Jul 21, 2010
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates its 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012
- Very few shows complete 1,000 episodes: Smita on 'Balika Vadhu' - May 13, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' puts forth reality well: Farida Jalal - May 12, 2012
- Pratyusha Banerjee too skinny to look vulgar! - Jun 13, 2012
- Age no bar to Avika Gor for essaying new roles - Jul 28, 2012
- Surekha Sikri: ‘Maa Exchange’ Won’t Show Unnecessary Things - Jan 08, 2011
- Is Pratyusha The New Anandi? - Jul 05, 2010
- Balika Vadhu: Will Anandi Be Able To Get Over Her Pain? - Dec 10, 2010
- Meet New Anandi In Tonight's Episode Of 'Balika Vadhu' - Jul 22, 2010
- I always dreamt of doing Anandi's role: Pratyusha Banerjee (Interview) - Jul 23, 2010
- Vibha Anand Turns Sanskar Laxmi, Leaves Balika Badhu - Dec 30, 2010
- 'Maa Exchange' is different from other reality shows: Surekha Sikri - Jan 08, 2011
Tags: banerjee, child actress, chitale, common people, ghar ghar, goatee, indian cricket team, indian television, kahaani ghar ghar kii, lucknow, pratyusha, r madhavan, saas bhi kabhi, saas bhi kabhi bahu thi, sandip, show dance, show tv, three girls, tv questions, veteran actress