‘Ek Tha Tiger’ expected to break more recordsAugust 17th, 2012 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) Salman Khan does it again! After giving back-to-back super hits “Wanted”, “Dabangg”, “Ready” and “Bodyguard”, he has hit the bull’s eye once again with “Ek Tha Tiger” which has broken records of opening day collection by earning Rs.33 crore.
The romantic thriller released on Independence Day and trade pundits are expecting the collections to increase during the long weekend, thanks to Eid, which is Monday, and make more new records.
The film’s cost is said to be above Rs.50 crore and “Ek Tha…” marks director Kabir Khan’s third collaboration with Yash Raj Films after “Kabul Express” in 2006 and “New York” in 2009.
Rajesh Thadani, Multimedia Combines, Mumbai, says the film has received the highest opening ever.
“Salman’s movie ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ is doing very well all over. It has been the highest opening ever. In first two days, the film has collected around Rs.47 crore all over India. On the opening day, the film collected Rs.33 crore. It is the highest collection till date for any Indian film,” Thadani told IANS.
“In Mumbai the film collected close to around Rs.17 crore on opening day. There is possibility that the film will break all records and collect Rs.200 crore,” he added.
Vinay Choksey of VIP Exhibitors, Mumbai, seconds Thadani and said: “The film is expected to maintain the craze and the collections will go up during weekend.”
The film that revolves around an Indian secret agent named Tiger collected almost Rs.17 crore on the second day.
Anant Verma, director and business head of DT Cinemas, says “‘Ek Tha Tiger’ opened with 98 percent occupancy”.
“The movie is doing excellent business. There was a lot of hype about it because of which we have had 45 percent online and advance bookings,” Verma told IANS.
“From families to couples, college students to working class came to watch the movie and they are liking it. We are waiting for the weekend and expecting increased footfalls,” he added.
Salman, Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) officer, romances Katrina (Zoya), an Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agent in the film.
“Ek Tha…” shows the tumultuous journey of the dark world of intelligence that forbids its soldiers from falling in love.
The story is by Aditya Chopra and the film’s screenplay has been co-written by Kabir Khan and well-known journalist-turned-lyricist-writer Neelesh Misra.
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' most watched video on mobiles - Sep 21, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' promises full on entertainment (IANS Preview) - Aug 13, 2012
- Expect fireworks at Bollywood box office this Diwali - Sep 02, 2012
- Rs.200 crore doesn't matter for 'Ek Tha Tiger' now: Salman Khan - Sep 17, 2012
- Salman's fans have given him the best Eidi: Sohail Khan - Aug 17, 2012
- Tigers can't make excuses of being unwell: Salman Khan (Interview) - Aug 21, 2012
- Salman roars in 'Ek Tha Tiger', teaser gets roaring response - May 11, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' not anti-Pakistan, assures Kabir Khan - Jul 11, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' to release Aug 15 (With Images) - Jun 26, 2012
- No Plans to screen 'Tiger' for late RAW agent's family - Jul 27, 2012
- Salim Khan feels 'Ek Tha...' is Salman's landmark film - Jul 22, 2012
- Bollywood report card: Small films boost box office - Jun 18, 2012
- Kabir Khan calls 'Ek Tha Tiger' complete package - Aug 12, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' will sustain on content: Kabir Khan - Aug 09, 2012
- Movies are more than just numbers: Kabir Khan (Movie Snippets) - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: advance bookings, bodyguard, business head, eid, ek, exhibitors, footfalls, independence day, indian film, kabul express, New Delhi, pundits, rajesh, resea, romantic thriller, rs 200, rs 50, salman khan, thadani, yash raj films