Ego is Simon Cowell’s biggest downfallMarch 21st, 2012 - 8:09 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, March 21 (IANS) Singer Simon Cowell, who lost all his money in the late 1980s and ended up living at home with his mother, admits that his ego has been his biggest downfall.
“I’ve had many failures. The biggest were at times when I believed my own hype. I’d had smaller failures, signing bands that didn’t work, but my record company going bust, that was the first big on,” the 52-year-old said.
“I was a typical Eighties cliche. I had the cars, the house, the image and everything was beyond my means. I spent too much time at parties and then everything imploded,” he said.
“Losing everything is probably the greatest lesson you learn. I went back to my parents’ house and started again. From then on everything I did was different. It was all about the work. I sold the Porsche, got a classic red TR6 for seven grand. I loved that car more than the Porsche.”
“Sometimes you throw a pebble in the water - occasionally a rock - just to wind everybody up. When things get a little too comfortable I get bored. And yes, it amuses me,” showbizspy.com quoted Cowell as saying.
- Bieber denies purchase of $10 mn house - Apr 21, 2012
- No fad diets for Sofia Vergara - Dec 28, 2011
- Dating 50 Cent was funny, says Handler - Jan 25, 2012
- Wasted my life on ex-boyfriend: Gomez - Feb 02, 2012
- Bieber not afraid of telling the truth - Apr 25, 2012
- Mendes' mom her best fashion critic - May 22, 2012
- Efron fancied his babysitter - Mar 01, 2012
- Obama loves Coldplay - Mar 14, 2012
- Gay actor wants to make partner his husband - Jan 19, 2012
- Brad wants to get married (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Efron wants to be daredevil - Apr 19, 2012
- Paul Mccartney to start a sightseeing business? - Jan 12, 2012
- Pattinson, Stewart love riding bicycles - Jan 31, 2011
- I looked like moron: Timberlake - May 05, 2012
- Hemsworth too young to marry - Apr 05, 2012