‘Eega’ - fly’s revenge drama rocks box officeJuly 12th, 2012 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 12 (IANS) Director S.S. Rajamouli’s innovative and technically brilliant bilingual film like “Eega” has not only rocked the box office down south by earning Rs.17 crore net on its first day, it has wowed film fraternity and they are raving about the film.
Revealing the first day collection of the film, made in Telugu and Tamil, trade analyst Komal Nahta said: “Rs.17 crore net on day one is historic.”
Made at a budget of about Rs.30 crore, “Eega” starring Nani, Samantha and Sudeep, hit the screens July 6 worldwide. Audiences lapped up the story of a reincarnated housefly (computer generated in the film) taking revenge from his cold-blooded murderer.
Rajamouli was amazed at the way audiences responded to his film and wrote on his Twitter page, “Unbelievable Rush for ‘Eega’ tickets… Prasad’s 20 shows houseful.”
Actor Siddharth praised the film: “There are very few films that can live to define a decade and maybe even a generation of cinema…’Eega’ flies into that league effortlessly.”
Nagarjuna Akkineni liked Sudeep’s performance in the movie and tweeted: “Coming from an actor (me), ‘Eega’ is not the hero of the film, Sudeep is. Sudeep is incredible as Sudeep in ‘Eega’! Welcome to Telugu land.”
Mahesh Babu says, ” ‘Eega’ will stand out as one of the greatest films ever made in the Telugu film industry.”
Another trade anyalyst Taran Adarsh says that a film like “Eega” “sets new benchmarks” and that it “takes Indian cinema forward”.
“Kudos to everyone associated with this fantabulous film,” he added.
Director-producer Puri Jagannath says “hats off to Rajamouli. ‘Eega is fantastic, simply superb! Congrats to Nani Samantha and Sudeep.”
Nagaraja Reddy pointed out the use of technology in the film and said: “Extraordinary graphic work and the whole credit goes to Rajamouli and Sudeep.”
The film’s Hindi dubbed version will release after a gap. It is titled “Makkhi” and it is likely to be converted in 3D.
- 'Eega' exceptionally innovative, technically brilliant (Telugu Movie Review) - Jul 07, 2012
- 'Eega' to be released in 3D in Hindi (With Images) - Jun 25, 2012
- Buoyed by 'Eega' success, VFX company looking to expand - Jul 24, 2012
- No decision yet on 'Eega' Hindi 3-D version: Suresh Babu - Jul 24, 2012
- S.S. Rajamouli pledges to donate organs - Sep 18, 2012
- Samantha Does Not Want To Be Stereotyped - Jan 05, 2011
- Gautham praises Jiiva, Nani and Samantha - Sep 19, 2012
- 'Shiv Shiv' Nagarjuna's favourite from 'Damarukam' album - Sep 11, 2012
- Shekhar Kammula's 'Life Is Beautiful' pushed to Sep 14 (Southern Movie Snippets) - Sep 03, 2012
- Never thought of Hindi films: Nagarjuna - Sep 21, 2012
- Rajamouli talks about his movies - Sep 30, 2010
- Handful of hits, big duds jolt Bollywood (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 17, 2010
- I don't think cinema in Rs.100-cr terms: RGV - Sep 20, 2012
- Gautham Menon to relaunch Aditya Roy Kapoor - Jan 24, 2012
- Rana Daggubati bags best debut award for 'Leader' (With Image) - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: adarsh, benchmarks, cold blooded murderer, congrats, crore, gap, graphic work, greatest films, indian cinema, kudos, mahesh babu, nagaraja, nagarjuna akkineni, New Delhi, puri, revenge drama, samantha, taking revenge, telugu film industry, worldwide audiences