Eddie Murphys multi-million pound child support deal with Mel BFebruary 8th, 2009 - 4:45 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, February 8 (ANI): Oscar-nominee Eddie Murphy has reported clinched a multi-million pound child support package deal with former Spice Girl Mel B, ending their bitter legal battle.
As per the settlement, Murphy will pay 35,000 pounds a month until their daughter, Iris Angel, turns 18.
This simply means that the actor will have paid about seven million dollars by that time.
Eddie is also said to have agreed to see his 20-month-old child.
The Hollywood actor had been fighting his legal battle with Mel in Los Angeles courts for 15 months, during which the latter was determined to force him to play a part in his childs life.
Sources have revealed that both of them have signed non-disclosure contracts, which prevent them from discussing their settlement in public.
Mel is delighted that the case is over as she just wanted what was right for her girl. It was never about money it was Mels way of asking Eddie to show consideration for Angel, News of the World quoted one of Scary Spices pals as saying.
The couples drawn-out battle began when Murphy denied he was Angels father back in April 2007.
A DNA test later proved that he was the father of the baby. (ANI)
- Mel B, Eddie Murphy party together - May 12, 2010
- Mel B patches up with Murphy - Jun 13, 2010
- Mel B all set to launch her reality series - Oct 24, 2010
- Eddie Murphy trying to mend relationship with ex Mel B? - May 11, 2010
- Mel B, Eddie Murphy attend Shrek US premiere together - May 18, 2010
- Scary Spice quietly settles custody battle with Eddie Murphy - Feb 02, 2009
- Mel B opens up about Eddie Murphy feud over love child in docu - Aug 29, 2010
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Mel B doesn't care about pregnancy weight - Mar 23, 2011
- Eddie Murphy to host Oscars? - Sep 05, 2011
- Mel B's kids won't follow her in showbiz - Oct 25, 2010
- Eddie Murphy still refuses to see his daughter: Mel B - Jan 14, 2010
- Mel B wants to stay in Paris - Jul 05, 2012
- Mel Gibson Wishes To Give 1% Of His Monthly Expense To Daughter - Aug 22, 2010
- Nelson Mandela once tried to hook Mel B up with his cousin - May 01, 2010
Tags: 15 months, angel, angels, child support, contracts, couples, daughter iris, disclosure, dna test, eddie murphy, hollywood, hollywood actor, life sources, million dollars, news of the world, oscar nominee, pals, pound child, spice girl mel b, spices