Eddie Murphy to return to stand-up comedyMay 23rd, 2010 - 1:41 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 23 (IANS) Hollywood star Eddie Murphy says he is planning to return to stand-up comedy again after staying away from it for 20 years.
“Within the last six months or so I started getting an itch to do it again. I started writing stuff… I was like, ‘I could go and do 15, 20 minutes right now.’ Maybe in a couple of months I’ll start working again’,” imdb.com quoted Murphy as saying.
“But it’ll take a year before I’m ready to go on the road… It’s gonna take at least a year to get the rust off; 20 years of rust,” he added.
Before he became an in-demand film star, Murphy was one of the world’s top stand-up comedians.
- Eddie Murphy planning return to stand-up - May 23, 2010
- Russell Brand plans acting break? - Jul 24, 2012
- Eddie Murphy honored with the 'Comedy Icon' award - Mar 22, 2011
- Richard Pryor Biopic In Progress, Fans Delighted - Jul 11, 2010
- Eddie Murphy and Rocsi Diaz deny relationship - Jul 16, 2012
- Eddie Murphy to host 84th Oscar ceremony - Sep 07, 2011
- Murphy plans 'Beverly Hills Cop' TV series - Oct 27, 2011
- Have to be smart in role selection: Vir Das - Jul 09, 2011
- Try standup comedy, Shekhar Suman exhorts women - Jul 31, 2012
- Obama Too Cool To Be Joked About: Chris Rock - Jun 07, 2010
- Eddie Murphy to receive Comedy Icon honour - Mar 22, 2011
- Reality shows are scripted, says comedian Vir Das (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- I auditioned nine times for Aamir's 'Delhi Belly': Vir Das - May 23, 2010
- TV made me realise film actors are spoilt: Sohail Khan - May 23, 2012
- Kylie considers retirement after every tour - Feb 27, 2011