Eckhart wants Two-Face for next ‘Batman’ sequelSeptember 18th, 2009 - 1:10 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 17 (IANS) Hollywood actor Aaron Eckhart has launched a new bid to convince director Christopher Nolan to revive Batman comic book villain Two-Face for the sequel to “The Dark Knight”.
The actor, who portrayed politician Harvey Dent and his alter ego Two-Face, saw his character appear to be killed off in the 2008 blockbuster, and assumed he would not be a part of any future movie instalments but Eckhart is now appealing to Nolan to consider bringing Two-Face back from the dead mimicking a popular technique used on dramatic TV soap operas, reports contactmusic.com.
“I think I’ve talked myself out of the job. I thought I’d died. But you know, America’s grown up on soap operas and reinventing people so why doesn’t Chris take that into consideration (when he’s writing the script)?” said Eckhart.
The star admits he would jump at the chance to join the cast of Nolan’s third “Batman” outing, but would understand if the director decided not to pick up where “The Dark Knight” left off, out of respect to the late Heath Ledger, who played The Joker.
“If Chris asked me back, I would love to. Heath really was meant to come back as The Joker (for the next movie) as we all would want him to do so, maybe this will be the way it is and be its own little thing,” he said.
Ledger died from an accidental drug overdose in January 2008.
- Aaron Eckhart's 'Dark Knight' dreams - Sep 19, 2009
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
- No Heath Ledger In Dark Knight Rises - Dec 05, 2010
- No replacement for Heath Ledger's Joker role in Batman - Jun 07, 2010
- Rohan Sippy's film with Ayushmann, Kunaal, goes on floors (Movie Snippets) - Jul 22, 2012
- When Joker made Batman cry - Jun 06, 2012
- Batman 3 movie title revealed - Oct 28, 2010
- Aaron Eckhart's Harvey Dent role won't be in next 'Batman' film - Dec 04, 2010
- No replacement of Ledger in 'The Dark Knight' sequel - Jun 08, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight' sequel to hit screens in 2012 - May 02, 2010
- Anne Hathaway From Tiara To Catsuit In 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- No Joker In "Batman 3"? - Jul 17, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Not The Last Batman Movie For Christian Bale? - Jan 23, 2011
- Nolan announces 'Batman 3' title - Oct 28, 2010
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: aaron eckhart, batman, batman comic book, batman sequel, blockbuster, christopher nolan, comic book villain, dark knight, director christopher nolan, drug overdose, ego, harvey dent, heath ledger, hollywood actor, instalments, joker, mimicking, politician, tv soap operas, writing the script