eBay’s ‘Mad Men’ Auction Is Intended To Advantage The Treatment Of Lung CancerAugust 15th, 2010 - 9:47 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
August 15, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): ‘Mad Men’, based in the 1960s, happens to be an American dramatic television series that has acquired critical acclamation as well as manifold awards. Its historical validity and visual mode have been commended by the analysts and the spectators. It has triumphed frequently at the awards ceremonies. It has attained 9 Emmys and four Golden Globes. It happens to be the initial ‘basic cable’ series to procure the Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series. ‘Mad Men’ attained this award in 2008 and 2009.
‘Mad Men’ consists of Jon Hamm as the protagonist enacting the character of the conflicted advertising executive named Don Draper. ‘Mad Men’ is, in the beginning, headquartered in the conjured Sterling Cooper advertising bureau on Madison Avenue in New York City.
‘Mad Men’ is now presenting a walk-on character in the 1960s advertising drama in a charity auction. This auction will partially advantage healing of lung cancer and research. The auction is supposed to last for 10 days. Therefore, this 10-day auction, which commences on Monday on eBay at http://3.ly/madmena, represents a distinctive twist on the smoking witnessed in ‘Mad Men’. ‘Mad Men’ is known for its scrupulous re-establishment of the communal customs of the early 1960s.
A section of the earnings from the auction will travel to the lung cancer agenda at southern California’s City of Hope infirmary. This happens to be one of America’s foremost cancer management hubs.
Sandra Stern happens to be the chief operating officer at Lionsgate’s TV division, which manufactures ‘Mad Men.’ Stern has declared that the smoking portrayed in Mad Men was ever-present in the ’60s in the world of ‘Madison Avenue’ advertising. The smoking is a dramatic aide memoire of how far America has advanced in its outlook toward smoking since then.
Other objects in the auction consist of furnishings and props from the iconic ‘Sterling Cooper’ ad agency. The auction will consist of the dresses sported by the characters of ‘Mad Men’ such as Betty Draper (January Jones) and Joan Harris (Christina Hendricks).
‘Mad Men’ forays into the Emmy of 2010 with a massive 17 nominations.
- 'Mad Men' wins Emmy for best drama series - Aug 30, 2010
- Mattel Brings Mad Men Into Barbie's World:No Drinking or Smoking - Mar 11, 2010
- 'Mad Men' characters to be honoured with Barbie doll versions - Mar 11, 2010
- "Mad Men" Season 4 Episode 3 Brings In Good News - Aug 09, 2010
- 'Mad Men' should end : Jon Hamm - Jun 14, 2011
- The Luminaries Of 'Mad Men' Cover The Special Edition Of 'Rolling Stone' - Sep 03, 2010
- 'Mad Men' best drama, 'Modern Family' best comedy at Emmys - Sep 19, 2011
- Auction For 'Mad Men' - Aug 14, 2010
- 'Mad Men' Barbies in the pipeline - Mar 11, 2010
- 'Mad Men' Stars Grace Rolling Stone Cover - Sep 03, 2010
- Jon Hamm Returns With Much Anticipated "Mad Men" Season 4 Premire Tonight - Jul 25, 2010
- Will Jane Lynch Be Able To Pull Off The Don Draper Look? - Oct 11, 2010
- Review Of 'Mad Men' - Oct 12, 2010
- House where JFK had affair with Monroe now on sale - Apr 29, 2012
- Jon Hamm worked in porn industry - Feb 21, 2012
Tags: acclamation, advertising bureau, aide memoire, awards ceremonies, basic cable, cable series, cancer management, charity auction, city of hope, dramatic television series, ebay, golden globes, jon hamm, mad men, men at work, pen men, s tv, treatment of lung cancer, tv division, visual mode