Eastwood to remake classic ‘A Star Is Born’January 22nd, 2011 - 10:02 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 22 (IANS) Legendary actor-filmmaker Clint Eastwood has signed up to direct a remake of classic movie “A Star Is Born”.The 1937 original, starring Janet Gaynor and Fredric March, has already been remade twice with Judy Garland in 1954 and with Barbra Streisand in 1976 in the lead role of a rising artist who marries a fading star.
Russell Crowe confirmed last year he was in talks to tackle the older, male role, while Beyonce Knowles, who reportedly quit the project, is still said to be attached to the picture, reports deadline.com.
Studio bosses at Warner Bros. have now confirmed Eastwood will take charge of the fourth movie.
- Beyonce, Clint Eastwood to remake 'A Star is Born' - Jan 22, 2011
- Eastwood wants Dicaprio, Beyonce in 'A Star Is Born' - Jun 29, 2011
- Eastwood to direct Beyonce in new movie? - Jan 23, 2011
- Clint Eastwood To Helm Fourth Version Of 'A Star Is Born' With Beyonce Knowles - Jan 21, 2011
- Beyonce to play lead in 'A Star Is Born' - Jul 02, 2011
- Russell Crowe, Beyonce in 'A Star Is Born' remake - Feb 07, 2010
- Russell Crowe 'replaces' Robert Downey, Jr. in 'A Star Is Born' - Feb 08, 2010
- Cruise in 'A Star Is Born'? - Mar 13, 2012
- Dame Judi Dench always wanted to work with Clint Eastwood - Jan 26, 2011
- Cooper not doing 'A Star is Born' remake - Aug 26, 2012
- De Niro honoured with DeMille award at Golden Globe - Jan 17, 2011
- Arnie confirms his movie comeback - Jan 20, 2011
- Eastwood's new obsession is Lola! - Jan 03, 2012
- Clint Eastwood's 'Hereafter' pulled from Japanese theatres - Mar 15, 2011
- Robert Downey Jr. to be a part of Sam Mendes' 'Wizard of Oz' - Apr 23, 2010
Tags: barbra streisand, beyonce, beyonce knowles, clint eastwood, fading star, fredric march, janet gaynor, judy garland, lead role, legendary actor, london jan, rising artist, russell crowe, star russell crowe, studio bosses, warner bros