EastEnders” Dirty Den divorce scene voted Favourite Christmas Soap Moment Of All TimeDecember 26th, 2008 - 4:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 26 (ANI): The scene when Dirty Den Watts served Angie with divorce papers on Christmas Day 1986 has been voted the Favourite Christmas Soap Moment Of All Time in a new poll of Brits.
The classic EastEnders moment came top in an online poll by MSN Entertainment, reports the Daily Star.
Dens divorce dealings edged out Tiffany Mitchells death in 1998 and Cilla Battersby-Brown blowing up the Corrie chippy in 2005 in the battle for Christmas soap supremacy.
The year when EastEnders Frank Butcher came back from the dead in 1995 came fourth and Brooksides Beth Jordache smooching with Margaret Clemence in 1993 rounded off the top five.
The top five Christmas Soap Moments Of All Time are:
1. EastEnders” Dirty Den serves wife Angie with divorce papers on Christmas Day in 1986
2. EastEnders” Tiffany Mitchell is run over and killed by Frank Butcher in 1998
3. Coronation Street’’s Cilla Battersby-Brown blows up the chippy in 2005
4. EastEnders” Frank Butcher returns from the ”dead” in 1995
5. Brookside’’s Beth Jordache smooches with Margaret Clemence in 1993 (ANI)
Tags: battersby, beth jordache, chippy, christmas, christmas day, cilla, clemence, coronation street, daily star, dirty den, divorce papers, eastenders, frank butcher, mitchells, new poll, smooches, soap, tiffany mitchell, watts, wife angie