Dwayne Johnson in talks to star in action drama ‘Faster’May 7th, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 7 (ANI): American actor Dwayne Johnson a.k.a. The Rock is in talks with CBS Films for final negotiations regarding him starring in their action drama “Faster”.
The script for the film has been written by Joe and Tony Gayton.
Phil Joanou, who had directed Johnson in “Gridiron Gang”, will be at the helm, reports Variety magazine.
Johnson, 37, will be playing an ex-con bent on avenging the death of his brother, murdered 10 years earlier when the two were double-crossed during a heist.
Castle Rock’s Martin Shafer and Liz Glotzer will produce the film along with Mark Ciardi, Gordon Gray, and Joe Gayton, and filming will begin in August. (ANI)
- Jack Black And Rock Director Reteam - Aug 07, 2010
- Michael Bay to direct 'Tranformers 4' - Feb 15, 2012
- Rihanna turns bad for 'Fast and Furious 6' - May 01, 2012
- Actor Rock fought with thieves on movie set - Sep 03, 2012
- 'Faster'- A good action film wasted (IANS Film Review; Rating: **1/2) - Dec 11, 2010
- Review Of Faster: Fast Action But Slow Chemistry! - Dec 10, 2010
- Ben Affleck hires real-life criminals for 'The Town' - Sep 20, 2010
- 'The Avengers' sequel in 2015 - Aug 18, 2012
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Ray Stevenson to star in 'GI Joe' sequel - Jul 11, 2011
- 'Fast Five' fun filled, adrenaline hi-five (IANS Movie Review) - May 08, 2011
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to star in 'G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes' - Jun 08, 2011
- Who Inspired Dwayne Johnson To Become An Actor? - Nov 29, 2010
- Mark Ruffalo to Play as 'The Hulk' in 'The Avengers' - Jul 27, 2010
- Children will find 'Journey 2' likeable (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 05, 2012
Tags: 10 years, action drama, american actor, brother, castle rock, cbs, dwayne johnson, films, gordon gray, gridiron gang, heist, helm, mark ciardi, negotiations, phil joanou, s martin, shafer, tony gayton, variety magazine