Duggar Family Welcomes Child No.19June 30th, 2010 - 7:47 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
June 30, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar were finally able to bring home their 19th child, Josie Duggar after a 6 month stay at the hospital. Though the child was born in December, she was kept in NICU for several months before being released on June 3. The homecoming was further delayed as 12 of the Duggar children contracted chicken pox at that time. After being born prematurely and weighing less than 2 pounds at birth, Josie Duggar now weighs a healthy 9 pounds, according to reports.
Michelle Duggar said that she felt good to be back home. She added that it was ’surreal’ because she was away for such a long time. The proud mother said that the baby is healthy. The mother and child had to spend an additional 3 weeks at a rented place to avoid the risk of the child’s exposure to chicken pox. They were welcomed with banners by the other children.
In May this year, the mother of 19 children said that she wants to produce more children. She felt that at almost 44 she was not sure how many children God would allow her to have. The doctors have called the baby healthy and ready to go home. The child’s initial digestion problems have been diagnosed to be due to lactose intolerance.
The Duggar Family appear on the TLC channel in a reality series called ‘19 Kids and Counting’. Considered one of the biggest families in America, the Duggars include 9 girls and 10 boys. The parents believe that children are the gift of God and they should accept as many as they are given.
- Baby Josie Duggar From '19 Kids & Counting' Finally Goes Home! - Jun 30, 2010
- Josie Duggar came home after spending 3 weeks in a rental home because her 12 siblings had chicken pox - Aug 22, 2010
- 12 Duggar Kids Infected With Chicken Pox In "19 Kids And Counting" - Aug 22, 2010
- Duggar baby no. 19 Josie Brooklyn is under constant surveillance - Dec 22, 2009
- Josie Duggar Joining The Cast Of "19 And Counting" - Apr 07, 2010
- Josie, Baby No. 19 Of The Duggar Family, Is Finally In Her House With Her Affectionate Family - Jun 30, 2010
- 19th Duggar kid - Josie Duggar healthy enough to go home - Apr 07, 2010
- Michelle Duggar is pregnant with her 20th child - Nov 08, 2011
- Duggar Family all set to welcome another baby in 2011 - Nov 11, 2010
- Baby Number 19, Josie Duggar Comes Home! - Apr 07, 2010
- The Duggar Family's 19th Child, Josie Duggar, Discharged From The Hospital - Apr 07, 2010
- Baby Number 19, Josie Duggar Back In Hospital - Apr 13, 2010
- Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar: '19th Duggar baby doing well' - Jan 29, 2010
- Duggar baby no. 19 back in hospital for 'minor stomach issues' - Apr 13, 2010
- Duggar Baby No. 19 Josie Brooklyn is a Christmas miracle - Dec 22, 2009
Tags: chicken pox, digestion problems, doctors, duggar children, duggar family, duggars, gift of god, girls, homecoming, jim bob and michelle duggar, june 3, kar, long time, mother and child, nicu, parents, proud mother, ready to go home, reality series, tlc channel