Duffy to be the face of multi-million Diet Coke campaignJanuary 15th, 2009 - 5:47 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 15 (ANI): Pop star Duffy will soon be appearing in a multi-million pound advertising campaign for slim-line beverage Diet coke.
The Mercy hitmaker has signed a lucrative deal with the drinks giant to promote the beverage across Europe.
Duffy emphasized that she suits the advert, as she is addicted to the drink.
“(I drink) so much of the stuff, they were either going to give me shares in the company or put me in the advert, Contactmusic quoted Duffy, as saying.
Coca-Cola marketing director Cathryn Sleight too agrees that they have made the right decision by roping in Duffy.
“The campaigns are well known for tapping into powerful social and cultural zeitgeist and Duffy is a great embodiment of today’’s modern female attitudes, Sleight said.
“She has a strong appeal with our core female audience and we”re confident that this campaign will become just as iconic as previous ”Diet Coke” advertising campaigns, Sleight added. (ANI)
- Duffy new face of 'Diet-Coke' ad campaign - Jan 15, 2009
- Coke to pull out of Mexican schools to promote anti-obesity drive - Jun 11, 2010
- Adverts that won't be allowed today - Feb 20, 2012
- Coke's secret recipe shifted to a new abode - Dec 13, 2011
- Coca Cola embroiled in 'dangerously misleading' water ad controversy - Feb 05, 2011
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca Cola to roll out special Tendulkar cans - Jul 18, 2011
- Duffys Diet Coke ads condemned over road safety fears - Feb 22, 2009
- Oz consumer body tells Coke to correct myth-related ad - Apr 02, 2009
- Coca-Cola opens $120 mn plant for 2014 Winter Olympics - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola is 'Britain's biggest brand' - Mar 13, 2011
- Coca Cola wakes up Brad Pitt's kids - Feb 03, 2012
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Coca-Cola rapped in Australia for misleading ads - Apr 02, 2009
- Coca-Cola bosses axe 'love-rat' Rooney from new ad campaign - Oct 03, 2010
Tags: advert, advertising campaign, advertising campaigns, attitudes, cathryn, coca cola, coca cola marketing, coke campaign, diet coke, drinks, duffy, embodiment, female audience, hitmaker, lucrative deal, pop star, right decision, sleight, slim line, zeitgeist