Dubai to host 5th Gulf film festJanuary 5th, 2012 - 12:34 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, Jan 4 (IANS/WAM) Dubai will host the 5th edition of the Gulf Film Festival April 10-16.
Films from the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Yemen and Iraq will be showcased.
Entries have been invited in the feature and short films categories. Students can only compete in the short films category.
The winners will receive over half-a-million dirhams in prize money.
Submissions to the festival will continue till Feb 29.
- 21 Arab films at Baghdad fest - Sep 21, 2011
- UAE-Brazilian firms sign deals worth $65 mn - Feb 21, 2012
- UAE's Burj Khalifa bags best construction project award - Mar 24, 2011
- Dubai hosts international conference of air chiefs - Nov 13, 2011
- Foreign ministers of Turkey, six Gulf nations meet - Jan 29, 2012
- OPEC daily basket price hits $97.34 per barrel - Jun 13, 2012
- Brazilian companies launch trade fair in Dubai - May 10, 2010
- Sweden eyes stronger ties with UAE - Dec 26, 2010
- Dubai to host 17th GCC e-government, e-services conference - May 19, 2011
- Air Arabia introduces new baggage policy - Jun 24, 2012
- Gulf foreign ministers meet to set GCC agenda (Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- UAE's exports to Saudi Arabia exceed $266 bn - Sep 04, 2010
- Gulf Film Festival begins - Apr 08, 2010
- French foreign minister to visit UAE Saturday - Nov 18, 2011
- Arabic calligraphy expo opens in Dubai - Feb 18, 2012