Drummer Zak Starkey Of “The Who” Was Amazing In Super Bowl Halftime ShowFebruary 8th, 2010 - 8:53 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Miami, Feb 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) “The Who” halftime show during Super Bowl 2010 in Miami was amazing. The band with Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend as well as the drummer Zak Starkey was really a treat for the audience and the viewers. The English rock band led by the singer Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend and backed by the drummer Zak Starkey performed a medley of 5 classic tunes in a 12-minute medley at Sun Life Stadium on Sunday. Zak Starkey, the son of the former “The Beatles” member Ringo Starr (Richard Starkey) along with bassist Pino Palladino, a second guitarist and a keyboard player accompanied Roger Daltrey as he started singing “Pinball Wizard, ” from its 1969 rock opera, “Tommy.” Fireworks immediately started erupting. As the mesmerizing voice of Roger Daltrey moved the audience, the drummer Zak Starkey supported him all the time. The aggressive body language of the drummer was truly encouraging as the second half of the battle for the Super Bowl title began shortly after the performance.
Zak Starkey was born in the year 1965. His parents divorced when he was 9. Though he was the son of “The Beatles” drummer Ringo Starr (Richard Starkey), his father allegedly did not want him to follow in his foot steps. He is the 4th drummer of “The Who” since 1994, and works with the band occasionally.
When Zak Starkey was 8, he became interested in music. At 10 he took a brief lesson from his father and was training himself to play drums. The former “The Beatles” member Ringo Starr (Richard Starkey) had faith in his son’s abilities. However, he supposedly wanted Zak Starkey to become a doctor or a lawyer and not a drummer.
- Beatles' offsprings not planning boy band - Jan 12, 2010
- George Harrison's son Dhani won't team up with Beatles' boys - Jan 11, 2010
- "The Who" Performs At The Super Bowl Halftime - Feb 08, 2010
- Liverpool to pull down famed son Ringo Starr's house - Aug 18, 2010
- Ringo Starr's Liverpool birthplace in new demolition threat - Aug 18, 2010
- Ringo Starr scraps autobiography plans - Jan 15, 2010
- Ringo Starr struggles with Beatles video game - Jan 14, 2010
- Ringo Starr to rock fans at his 70th b'day - Jan 25, 2010
- John Lennon's 'Imagine' microphones up for grabs - Apr 30, 2011
- Child abuse group wants The Who out of Super Bowl performance - Jan 03, 2010
- George Harrisons son feared being overshadowed by dads success - Mar 16, 2009
- 50 years on, Ringo Starr still gets stage fright - Jul 11, 2011
- I won't be doing London Olympics: Ringo Starr - Jul 25, 2011
- Macca praises Beatles offspring - Jan 25, 2009
- Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols to perform together at London Olympics? - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: bassist, beatles drummer, body language, classic tunes, drummer zak starkey, english rock band, foot steps, gina gomez, halftime show, keyboard player, minute medley, opera tommy, pete townshend, pinball wizard, pino palladino, richard starkey, ringo starr, rock opera, roger daltrey, sun life