Drug Charges Levied Against “Deadliest Catch” Production ManagerMay 9th, 2010 - 6:55 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Anchorage, Alaska, May 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Discovery Channel’s hit show “Deadliest Catch” is hitting headlines for all the wrong reasons lately. According to reports that have surfaced, after conducting a month long probe, police authorities in Unalaska, Alaska have charged a production employee of the show for delivering cocaine to the town. It has been reported that felony drug charges have been levied against the production manager of the popular Discovery Channel show, who is presently on the run.
Later last month, 22 year old Matthew Schneider who is a native of Anchorage was charged with using as well as selling cocaine after he supposedly delivered the drug worth $300 to an undercover officer in the month of March. However, even after facing the charges, authorities in the fishing town of Unalaska have not been able to take the “Deadliest Catch” production manager into custody as he is supposedly on the run. As the cops are yet to know about his whereabouts, the Alaska State Troopers have been asked to initiate a thorough search for him.
Reportedly Michael Schneider is among the 18 people who are facing felony drug charges in the case, the investigation for which began in the month of January. As per the court documents, the production manager handed over packets of cocaine to the undercover officer at the former’s room in the Grand Aleutian Hotel while also revealing that large amount of the drug was delivered to the “Deadliest Catch” parties in the town of Unalaska. While revealing details about the case, Sergeant Mike Holman has divulged that drugs worth $80,000 have already been seized in the case.
- 'Deadliest Catch' employee caught in a drug-ring - May 09, 2010
- Deadliest Catch To Pay Tribute to 'Captain Phil Harris' on TDC - Jun 17, 2010
- 'Deadliest Catch' Captain Phil Harris Passes Away - Feb 11, 2010
- "Deadliest Catch" All Set To Pay Tribute To Captain Phil Harris - Jun 19, 2010
- Kansas doctor tied to 68 deaths takes witness stand - Jun 16, 2010
- Misty Croslin's Parents Taken Into Custody On Drug Charges - Jul 27, 2010
- "Deadliest Catch" Reveals The Mystery Of Jake Anderson's Father - Jun 23, 2010
- Deadliest Catch to pay a tribute to Capt. Phil Harris - Jun 17, 2010
- Hong Kong seizes $98 million cocaine - Jul 07, 2012
- 1 Kilogram Cocaine Found in Hollowed-Out Bologna - Aug 30, 2010
- Craig, AK resident sentenced for illegal take and sale of sea otters - Apr 22, 2010
- Reggae star Buju Banton found guilty of cocaine conspiracy charges - Feb 23, 2011
- Cocaine worth $1 billion seized in Gambia - Jun 09, 2010
- Reggae star Buju Banton wins Grammy, faces prison on drug-related charges - Feb 14, 2011
- Deadliest Catch To Pay A Heartfelt Tribute To The Departed Captain Phil Harris - Jun 19, 2010
Tags: alaska state troopers, anchorage alaska, cops, court documents, deadliest catch, discovery channel, felony drug charges, fishing, gina gomez, grand aleutian hotel, matthew schneider, michael schneider, mike holman, month of january, month of march, police authorities, selling cocaine, sergeant, unalaska alaska, undercover officer