Drew Lachey’s Freestyle Performance Tops The ChartOctober 26th, 2010 - 7:14 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Yesterday’s episode of “Dancing With the Stars” made an effort to rate the top ten dance performances in the history of the show. Amongst all, the best performance in all the eleven seasons so far, went to Drew Lachey and his partner Cheryl Burke, for their memorable freestyle dance performance with the song, “Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy” in Season 2, episode 8, for which they scored a full marks of 30, with 10 from each judge.
Although this performance was aired on February 23 of the year 2006, the performance that happened four years back, still lingers in the mind of the people. The second position went to Gilles Marini and his partner Cheryl Burke for their Argentine Tango performance in the fourth episode of season 8. Yesterday’s episode of “Dancing With The Stars” was based on Paso Doble, Rock n Roll or Tango performance. The reminder of Gilles Marini ’s performance, only made them nervous as they wanted to live up to his standards. However, no one could. The highest scorer for Tango yesterday was Brandy and his partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who performed with “Holding Out for a Hero” by Bonnie Tyler and bagged 26 points, getting 8,9, 9 from each judge. They were followed by Audrina Patridge and Tony Dovolani, for their Doble Paso, with the song “Another One Bites the Dust” by Queen, with a total of 24 points, getting 8 from each judge. They were tied with Rick Fox And Cheryl Burke for their tango, with the song “You Really Got Me” by Van Halen.
Seven couples opted to go for a rock n roll performance, with the same song, “La Grange” by ZZ Top. However, none of their performances were up to the mark and the highest points scored in this genre was 10, while the lowest was 4.
- What's In Store For Next Few Weeks In DWTS? - Oct 27, 2010
- Audrina Patridge's Shocking Elimination From DWTS - Oct 28, 2010
- DWTS Judges Are Giving Wrong Judgements, Claims Critics - Oct 27, 2010
- Shocking Elimination On ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Upsets Many - Oct 28, 2010
- "Dancing With The Stars" Season 10 Monday Semifinals Rocked The Stage - May 18, 2010
- J.R. Martinez & partner top the 'Dancing with the stars' leaderboard - Sep 20, 2011
- Dancing With The Stars: Who Goes Home? - Oct 12, 2011
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Not Wanted By Erin Andrews? - Mar 23, 2010
- DWTS: Bristol Palin Got Eliminated! - Nov 17, 2010
- "Dancing with the Stars" contestant Melissa Rycroft has suffered a rib injury - Apr 29, 2009
- So You Think You Can Dance Top 12 Perform - Jul 14, 2011
- "Dancing With The Stars" Season 11 Partners On "Good Morning America" - Sep 01, 2010
- Rick Fox Evolves As A Dancing Star - Oct 05, 2010
- Dancing With The Stars: Bristol Palin back in the reckoning, Brandy aces the show - Oct 27, 2010
- Gilles Marini's stars failed to shine in "Dancing with the Stars" - May 20, 2009
Tags: argentine tango, audrina patridge, best performance, cheryl burke, dance performance, dance performances, dancing with the stars, drew lachey, freestyle dance, holding out for a hero by bonnie tyler, la grange, marini, meena, paso doble, rick fox, scorer, season 8, tony dovolani, van halen, zz top