DreamWorks to make Ghost in the Shell into 3D live-action filmApril 15th, 2008 - 4:51 pm ICT by admin
Washington, April 15 (ANI): DreamWorks, the American film production company, has grabbed the rights to adapt Masamune Shirow’s Ghost in the Shell cyber-police comics into a 3D live-action film.
The story, which follows the exploits of a member of a covert ops unit of the Japanese National Public Safety Commission that specializes in fighting technology-related crime, has already been adapted into three animated films and two television anime series.
DreamWorks has released the second animated Ghost in the Shell film, Innocence, in North America.
Seaside Entertainments Avi Arad, Ari Arad and Steven Paul will produce brought the project to the studio and will produce while Jamie Moss has been tapped to write the script.
Universal and Sony also negotiated for the rights, but what turned the deal making in DreamWorks’ favour was co-founder Steven Spielberg’s enthusiasm for the project.
” ‘Ghost in the Shell’ is one of my favorite stories. It’s a genre that has arrived, and we enthusiastically welcome it to DreamWorks,” Variety quoted Spielberg, as saying.
DreamWorks prexy of production Adam Goodman said: Ghost in the Shell is a property that epitomizes 3-D live-action motion picture possibilities. (ANI)
- Spielberg to direct 'Robopocalypse' - Oct 24, 2010
- 'War Horse' to release in India Feb 10 - Jan 13, 2012
- Hemsworth in Spielberg's next - Jul 21, 2012
- Steven Spielberg 'buys rights to WikiLeaks book' - Mar 03, 2011
- DreamWorks China venture to produce first animation film - Mar 20, 2012
- Spielberg to make biopic on racer James Hunt - Nov 15, 2010
- Anil Ambani walks Oscar red carpet, his 'The Help' gets statuette (With Images) - Feb 27, 2012
- Reliance DreamWorks films get 11 Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2012
- DreamWorks Animation in five-year deal with 20th Century Fox - Aug 21, 2012
- Spielberg's movie on robots - Sep 23, 2010
- Daniel Day-Lewis to play Abraham Lincoln in Spielberg film - Nov 20, 2010
- 'Warhorse' - saved by beautiful anti-war sentiment (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 11, 2012
- Kate Middleton cried watching 'War Horse' - Feb 01, 2012
- Spielberg's new project is Harvey - Aug 03, 2009
- Ronald Harwood to script Martin Luther biopic for Dreamworks - Jan 20, 2010
Tags: action film, action motion, adam goodman, american film, animated films, ari, avi arad, co founder, covert ops, cyber police, dreamworks, entertainments, film innocence, film production company, ghost in the shell, national public safety commission, police comics, prexy, public safety commission, steven spielberg