DreamWorks Animation in five-year deal with 20th Century FoxAugust 21st, 2012 - 4:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 21 (IANS) Top notch American studio DreamWorks Animation has entered into a new five-year distribution agreement with another well-known banner, 20th Century Fox.
Under the terms of the agreement, Fox will assume certain marketing and distribution responsibilities in both domestic and international markets for all animated feature films produced by DreamWorks Animation for release in 2013 through 2017, said a press statement.
“We are excited to apply their expertise, robust infrastructure and global resources so that DreamWorks Animation’s films can reach their fullest possible potential over the next five years,” said Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO, DreamWorks Animation.
“Starting in 2013, DreamWorks Animation content will be distributed in the more traditional markets under a fee structure that is similar to our existing arrangement with our current distributor.
“However, our new agreement with Fox presents more favourable economics overall for DreamWorks Animation because we are taking advantage of lower costs associated with the emerging digital distribution landscape and managing domestic television distribution in-house,” he added.
Fox Filmed Entertainment bosses Jim Gianopulos and Tom Rothman said that together the companies will be a dominant force in animated entertainment for years to come.
- DreamWorks China venture to produce first animation film - Mar 20, 2012
- 'Hangover Part II' tops US box office - May 30, 2011
- Hollywood misses key tech ally - Oct 08, 2011
- Hindus concerned about DreamWorks' 'Monkeys of Bollywood' - Jan 13, 2011
- James Cameron Plans His Next! - Nov 02, 2010
- Spielberg ends ties with Paramount, to form Ambani-backed company - Oct 06, 2008
- BBC, Reliance Big in movie co-production deal - Nov 02, 2010
- Spielberg's new project is Harvey - Aug 03, 2009
- Spielberg to direct 'Robopocalypse' - Oct 24, 2010
- Anil Ambani, Spielberg secure $825 mn for DreamWorks - Aug 18, 2009
- Disney to distribute Anil Ambani-DreamWorks movies - Feb 11, 2009
- First three Shrek films to get 3D treatment - Apr 17, 2010
- Reliance Big in venture for acclaimed global scriptwriters (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Walt Disney to distribute DreamWorks-Reliance films - Feb 11, 2009
- Reliance-DreamWorks films to be distributed by Walt Disney (Lead) - Feb 11, 2009
Tags: 20th century fox, animated feature films, digital distribution, distribution agreement, domestic television distribution, dominant force, dreamworks, dreamworks animation, emerging digital, fee structure, fox filmed entertainment, global resources, international markets, jeffrey katzenberg, landscape, New Delhi, next five years, robust infrastructure, tom rothman, traditional markets