Dr Oz Hosts Anti-Aging SementOctober 6th, 2011 - 2:14 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) On ‘The Dr Oz Show’ today, the doctor showed viewers how they can virtually turn back the hands of time by using beauty secrets which he shared on what was called his “Biggest Anti-Aging Hour Ever.”
In his real age skin test, Dr Oz asked everyone in the audience to take off their make-up…all of it. Amidst the groans, many took his challenge and revealed what was hiding beneath their cosmetics. Dr Oz then asked his audience, “What have you been hiding with your make-up?” and, “Does your make-up make you look older or younger?”
As a part of his real age skin test, Dr Oz told the audience to pinch the skin underneath their eyelid. If it takes over two seconds for the skin to return to it’s former shape, then it is likely that the skin is prematurely aging. The skin at the eyelids shows this first because that skin is thinner than anywhere else. Dr Oz also encouraged the audience to look for smile lines, sagging jowls, and forehead wrinkles.
Dr Oz also gave tips on how to keep hair looking younger and less damaged. He advised not washing the hair on a daily basis, because this strips the natural oils from the scalp. He said it is even okay to only wash your hair once or twice a week! Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner was one of the products which Dr Oz recommended to protect the hair from damage.
Dr Oz shared a recipe for a smoothie which was made from his most recommended anti-oxidant…the Lingonberry.
-1C almond milk
-1Tbsp Lingonberry jam
Place all the ingredients into a blender and mix.
- Dr Oz Shares How to Recharge Your Body in Five Days - Oct 13, 2011
- Dr Oz: For Those Turning 40 - Oct 18, 2011
- Clean right, eat right for healthy hair this monsoon - Aug 08, 2012
- Make those eyes lustrous - use eye make-up properly - Jan 15, 2012
- Cowell obsessed with anti-ageing beverage - Jul 20, 2011
- Bridal makeup: Less is more - Nov 13, 2011
- Old makeup can cause eye infections, fungus - Mar 15, 2011
- Instant eyelift restores youthful look - Oct 26, 2010
- Chef's Choice (To go with Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens) - Mar 23, 2012
- Cricket fans, go easy on face paint and wear cotton! - Mar 03, 2011
- How to keep your skin glowing during monsoon - Jul 04, 2012
- Some cocktail recipes (To go with cocktail story) - May 20, 2011
- Tips to improve hair health and appearance - Feb 06, 2011
- The heat is on! Dos and don'ts for hair care - Jun 01, 2012
- Celebrate Holi, but with care - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: almond milk, anti oxidant, audience, beauty secrets, blender, cosmetics, daily basis, dr oz, eyelids, forehead wrinkles, hands of time, lingonberry, natural oils, oct 5, sagging jowls, shape, skin test, smile lines, smoothie, test dr