Dr Oz: For Those Turning 40October 18th, 2011 - 1:44 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Today’s episode of ‘The Dr Oz Show’ especially focused on viewers who are about to turn forty years old. Dr Oz was quick to add that the information which he was giving would also benefit those who were in their fifties, sixties, and further, but added that turning 40 is considered to be a huge milestone.
This is largely because of the changes which occur in most people at around that age. Those changes not only cause unwanted physical differences, but can cause emotional changes as well. As the body’s metabolism slows down, weight gain and fatigue are also issues. The libido slows down as well, and wrinkles seem to pop up over night.
According to Dr Oz, however, it doesn’t have to be as bad as it sounds. With the right information, he insists that you can rewrite the story of your life, even AFTER turning forty years old. For that reason, the Dr’s book, ‘The Book of 40′ will share knowledge of how to deal with these types of issues which occur in people over forty.
For example, in Chapter One, it is revealed that stress is oen of the main causes of fatigue. Not only does stress rob you of your sleep, but also keeps your hormones off balance. Enemone is high in protein and can help with this, as can cheese, which helps stabilize blood sugar. Ashwagandha Tea will also give you energy with no caffeine buzz.
In Chapter Three, Dr Oz also shares some ways to fight the slowing metabolism. Cranberry beans will make you feel full, have nine grams of fiber, and a lot of protein. He also suggests using the ‘EZ Weight Plate’ which was made according to guidelines of the America Diabetes Association. The plate will measure the portions of the food groups.
Many other helpful tips, ideas, and products are mentioned in Dr Oz’s book. He gave tips on many of the issues of this generation, as well as the following recipe for Jennifer Esposito’s Gluten-Free Blueberry Walnut Scones.
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
5 tbsp apple sauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp brown rice syrup
1/3 cup soy, rice, almond or hemp milk
1 cup blueberries
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat oven to 425° degrees.
2. Combine all dry ingredients except blueberries and walnuts in large mixing bowl, and whisk together to remove any lumps.
3. In separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients except milk, and mix with a standing mixer on medium speed until combined.
4. While stirring dry ingredients, add milk slowly to bowl. Alternate between stirring and pouring milk, until all of it has been emptied into the bowl.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients and continue stirring in standing mixer until contents are evenly mixed. Fold nuts and blueberries into mixture.
6. Line double-baking pan with parchment paper, and spoon out mixture with tablespoon to make 20 scones. Brush tops with maple syrup and bake for 18 to 23 minutes.
- Chef's Choice (To go with Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens) - Mar 23, 2012
- 10 quintessential cocktails for all occasions! - Jun 20, 2012
- Rachael Ray: 'Jo Frost' & 'The Cake Boss' Join the Team - Oct 03, 2011
- Feasting on Holi delicacies (Recipes) - Mar 06, 2012
- Ovens warm up, pans begin to sizzle in India's Christmas capital (With Recipes) - Dec 20, 2010
- Two right royal recipes from an Indian princess (To go with IANS Book Review) - Jul 14, 2011
- Some fruity, flavoured summer drinks (To go with summer drinks story) - May 23, 2011
- Rachael Ray Stars NKOTB's Donnie Wahlberg - Sep 23, 2011
- This Easter, savour a variety of flavours - Apr 05, 2012
- Rachael Ray: Paula Deen Introduces Grandson, Cooks Dinner - Oct 18, 2011
- Recipes by celebrity NRI chef Vikas Khanna (To go with: 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra) - May 08, 2012
- Healthy Holiday recipes - Nov 24, 2009
- Mouthwatering Two-Topping Sweet Potato Casserole - Nov 24, 2010
- India, and its art of spices - Jun 20, 2011
- Some cocktail recipes (To go with cocktail story) - May 20, 2011
Tags: america diabetes association, brown rice flour, caffeine buzz, causes of fatigue, cup brown rice, cup coconut, dr oz, emotional changes, fifties, food groups, free blueberry, helpful tips, Jennifer Esposito, news today, physical differences, scones, slowing metabolism, sorghum, turning 40, turning forty