Dr. Conrad Murray faces manslaughter hearingJanuary 5th, 2011 - 12:44 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Jan 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Michael Jackson’s doctor, Dr. Conrad Murray will have to convince judge in LA County Superior Court on why he should not be charged with complexity in Michael Jackson’s death.
Dr. Murray was paid whopping $150,000 every month to take care of the health of Michael Jackson prior to his “This Is It” concert. The singer died midway through his preparation for the concert and it seems that the Dr. Murray may have inadvertently killed the singer with a drug that he administered to him.
Prior to Michael Jackson’s death on June 25, 2009, Dr. Murray admitted later that he gave the singer the prescription drug, propofol and other sedatives to help him be able to sleep. The drug eventually sent Michael Jackson to sleep but the problem is that he never woke up again.
After an autopsy on the body of Michael Jackson, the coroner’s office reported that the singer died as a result of acute intoxication of propofol which was complicated by the sedatives that he was administered.
Prosecutors plan to line up 30 witnesses during the hearing to determine whether Dr. Murray should be charged with manslaughter.
- Michael Jackson doctor's trial begins - Sep 27, 2011
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Trial of Michael Jackson's physician put off - Oct 18, 2011
- MJ's doc to claim 'star killed himself by overdosing' - Dec 30, 2010
- Jackson's doctor gets four-year jail term - Nov 30, 2011
- Judge wants to review Michael Jackson medical records - Mar 23, 2011
- Dr. Conrad Murray's defense to claim MJ gave himself fatal drug overdose - Apr 05, 2010
- MJ's doc to face charges on Monday - Feb 06, 2010
- Michael Jackson: Events Leading To His Death Recounted By The Detective - Jan 11, 2011
- Murray 'ordered over 250 vials of Propofol in months before MJ's death' - Jan 11, 2011
- Michael Jackson's doctor Dr. Conrad Murray to face man-slaughter charges? - Jan 11, 2010
- 'MJ's doc delayed calling 911 to conceal drugs' - Mar 23, 2010
- Michael Jackson doctor found guilty of manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- MJ's doc 'delayed calling 911 to cover up evidence' - Jan 05, 2011
- MJ 'died long before he reached hospital' - Jan 08, 2011
Tags: acute intoxication, autopsy, complexity, coroner, county superior court, doctor dr, dr conrad, dr murray, Health Science, la county superior court, manslaughter, michael jackson, prescription drug, propofol, prosecutors, sedatives, sleep