DQ Entertainment ties up with Paris-based MoonScoopJune 27th, 2008 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 27 (IANS) Hyderabad-based animation entertainment company DQ Entertainment International (DQE) has entered into a strategic five-year alliance with Paris-based entertainment company MoonScoop. Announcing the deal Friday, DQE Group chairman and CEO Tapaas Chakravarti said: “There are compelling synergies in working together and we will jointly produce world class television productions and feature films, including those with Indian mythology and stories.”
Gautam Seth, a senior DQE executive, told IANS by phone from Hyderabad that the alliance was worth $100 million and was aimed at co-producing at least five television series and two celluloid movies for worldwide distribution.
He added that the co-production deal envisages production of at least one TV programme or a movie each year during the five-year alliance period.
“One or more of the productions will include Indian mythology-based themes and characters which are becoming increasingly popular with Indian and global audiences,” Seth explained.
DQE had earlier co-produced MoonScoop group’s animated TV series, “The Fantastic Four”, based on the superheroes from Marvel Comics. Another co-production, “Casper’s Scare School”, is now in the process of being completed.
DQE also jointly worked with MoonScoop group’s US-based Mike Young Productions on the popular animated TV series, “ToddWorld”, and is now making another series, “Twisted Whiskers”, a co-production with American Greetings.
MoonScoop group is a leading worldwide brand management and entertainment company engaged in the production, distribution, licensing, merchandising, marketing and distributing of animated creations.
- Disney Channel announces TV premiere of Ray's 'Feluda - The Kathmandu Caper' - Dec 24, 2010
- DQ Entertainment, Turner tie up for animation series - Nov 22, 2008
- DQ Entertainment to co-produce animated series - Oct 06, 2010
- 'The Jungle Book' collection coming soon - Aug 26, 2010
- Chinese company to co-produce 'Iron Man 3' - Apr 17, 2012
- BBC, Reliance Big in movie co-production deal - Nov 02, 2010
- Toonz celebrates double win at FICCI awards - Mar 28, 2011
- New, animated series of Jungle Book to hit British TV - Apr 19, 2010
- DQ Entertainment honors J.K Rowling - Oct 23, 2009
- Anil Kapoor's 'No Problem' to release Dec 10 - Oct 25, 2010
- Historical, mythological tales hit small screen - Jun 11, 2011
- PVR to have own infrastructure to distribute Indian films abroad - Jul 26, 2010
- Indian film 'Gattu' wins special mention at 62nd Berlinale - Feb 19, 2012
- Toonz starts Canadian operations - Nov 23, 2010
- 'India lacks finances, design sensibility for animation films' - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: american greetings, animated tv series, chakravarti, co production, dqe, entertainment company, entertainment international, feature films, global audiences, group chairman, indian mythology, marvel comics, moonscoop, production distribution, scare school, television productions, toddworld, twisted whiskers, worldwide brand, worldwide distribution