Downey Jr. to play drug detective in ‘Inherent Vice’February 22nd, 2011 - 4:19 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 22 (IANS) Actor Robert Downey Jr. is reportedly in talks to take on the lead role of a drug detective in “Inherent Vice”.Contactmusic.com reports that “Inherent Vice” is adapted from the 2009 Thomas Pynchon novel. It is about a drug-addled detective which will be role played by Downey Jr.
It focuses on Downey Jr.’s character Larry, who finds himself caught up in a mystery - when he is asked by an ex-girlfriend to help her lover - the real estate mogul Mickey Wolfmann, from being sent to a mental institution by his scheming wife.
The film will be written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.
- Homosexual Holmes, Watson in sequel? - Jan 04, 2010
- Shooting for 'Iron Man 2' was trying process: Robert Downey Jr. - May 08, 2010
- Robert Downey Jr. Honored With Renaissance Award - Jun 22, 2010
- Hugh Hefner announces new girlfriend - Jun 29, 2011
- 'Sherlock Holmes' was grumpy: Downey Jr. - Aug 29, 2011
- Jared Harris terrifies Robert Downey Jr - Dec 13, 2011
- Robert Downey Jr. in 'Wizard of Oz' prequel - Apr 23, 2010
- Sherlock Holmes trailer released - May 19, 2009
- Gwyneth Paltrow got 'addict' advice from Robert Downey Jr. - Jan 03, 2011
- Paltrow took help from Downey Jr. to play addict - Mar 27, 2011
- Downey Jr. hasn't got his due: Amitabh - Jul 18, 2011
- Daniel Craig 'turns alien-fighting cowboy for new film' - Jan 30, 2010
- Eva Longoria Parker to join upcoming 'Avengers' movie? - Jul 28, 2010
- Burton wants Downey Jr. in 'Pinocchio' film - Jan 08, 2012
- Robert Downey Jr. to star in musical - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: actor robert, drug detective, ex girlfriend, inherent vice, lead role, london feb, mental institution, mickey, mystery, paul thomas anderson, real estate mogul, robert downey, robert downey jr, thomas pynchon, thomas pynchon novel, wolfmann