Doug Pitt Becomes Goodwill Ambassador of the United Republic of TanzaniaJune 26th, 2010 - 7:12 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
New York, June 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Friday, Doug Pitt the elder brother of actor Brad Pitt was named the Goodwill Ambassador of the United Republic of Tanzania. The occasion was attended by Doug Pitt’s wife Lisa Pitt but Brad Pitt and the parents of Doug Pitt were not seen present at the event.
Some media source claim that the mother and father of Doug Pitt could not make it to the occasion due to some weather problems. However on Friday receiving the responsibility and the honor Doug Pitt seemed elated. The ceremony was held at New York.
However, how Doug Pitt would be using his present position to lead to the development of the United Republic of Tanzania and how he wants to work under the new position is yet unknown. Doug Pitt is yet to provide details about his plan as the new Goodwill Ambassador of the African country.
Doug Pitt has been in long association with African countries and has been involved with charity work that aims to help people in need. Reports claim that Doug Pitt is the director of a charity named Africa 6000 International that provides fresh water to the African people. Apart from this bit of his charity, Doug Pitt is also a professional photojournalist.
Although not so famous as his younger brother Brad Pitt, his naming as the Goodwill ambassador has brought him to the limelight. While many have questioned the decision of his being named as the Goodwill ambassador, many others have voiced that he would be able to use his talent as a photojournalist to help the people of Tanzania indirectly.
- Brad Pitt misses brother's bash due to Icelandic volcano eruption - Apr 22, 2010
- New ad shows Pitt's younger brother's lifestyle - Jul 03, 2012
- Pitt's brother urges him to dump Jolie - Jan 25, 2010
- Wives of African diplomats thank India, via charity (With images) - May 06, 2012
- Brad Pitt's family behind Angelina Jolie split? - Jan 25, 2010
- Jolie immortalised in comic book - Mar 30, 2011
- Is Jolie's 7th arm tattoo a tribute to Pitt or new child? - Apr 06, 2011
- Angelina Jolie Collaborating on Jewelry Line for Charity - Dec 10, 2010
- India taps IT power to woo African youth - May 28, 2011
- Pitt, Carrey bag top Webby awards - May 05, 2010
- Brangelina - Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt separation rumors are false - Jan 25, 2010
- Johny Depp 'wants Brad Pitt for 'The Lone Ranger' remake' - Dec 02, 2010
- President Mukherjee greets nation on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Brangelina and kids spend Christmas in Namibia - Dec 29, 2010
- Bodyguard spills secret about Pitt, Aniston meeting - Apr 08, 2010
Tags: actor brad pitt, african countries, brad pitt, brother brad, charity work, doug pitt, elder brother, fresh water, goodwill ambassador, kar new, limelight, media source, meena, mother and father, new position, professional photojournalist, republic of tanzania, united republic of tanzania, weather problems, wife lisa