Doordarshan DTH platform expansion to benefit viewersJune 9th, 2011 - 1:00 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 8 (IANS) With the Prasar Bharati board approving the expansion of DD Direct Plus to 200 channels, many popular television channels will be available to viewers on Doordrashan’s free-to-air direct-to-home platform, an official said here.
The board had Tuesday approved the working plan for immediate expansion of the Doordarshan’s DTH platform to 200 channels by the end of the year.
The ministry of information and broadcasting said that several broadcasters were interested in airing programmes through Doordrashan’s DTH platform due to low cost of distribution and wide reach. The platform has 59 channels at present.
The clearence of the detailed proposal for e-auction of channels in the DTH platform was also cleared by the board.
It also approved cross channel advertising from other broadcasters and DTH operators on Doordarshan channels.
The board cleared the way for out of court settlements of the more than Rs.400 crore worth of arbitration issues involving Prasar Bharati. The task will be taken up by a special high-level empowered team, said the official.
- DD to have 150 channels on DTH platform by year-end - Sep 12, 2011
- Prasar Bharati approves expansion of DD's DTH platform - Sep 06, 2011
- Government clears addition of channels in DD Direct - Jun 26, 2010
- Govt. proposes "Broadcasting Content Complaints Council" - Feb 18, 2011
- AIR, DD operations hit as employees strike work (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- AIR, Doordarshan operations hit as employees strike - Nov 23, 2010
- Amendments to Prasar Bharati Act, interim set-up likely (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Post-Lalli suspension, Prasar Bharati looks to interim set-up - Dec 22, 2010
- Strike cripples AIR, Doordarshan operations in Kerala - Nov 23, 2010
- Quashing of 25 Doordarshan employees' appointment stayed - Mar 07, 2011
- Cabinet approves expansion of private radio service (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Strike hits AIR, Doordarshan operations in Orissa - Nov 23, 2010
- Cabinet clears position of Prasar Bharati employees - Nov 01, 2011
- DTH customers hit by Insat-4B power glitch - Jul 10, 2010
- Rajya Sabha debates Prasar Bharati bill - Dec 08, 2011
Tags: arbitration, auction, broadcasters, clearence, court settlements, cross channel, dd, doordarshan dth, dth platform, home platform, ministry of information, New Delhi, prasar bharati board, proposal, television channels