Don’t degrade Bollywood - Saroj KhanApril 22nd, 2010 - 5:13 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
April 22, 2010 (Sampurn Wire):Once a superstar’s preferred choreographer, Saroj Khan has been literally playing musical chairs with reality shows. The veteran dancer started with Nach Baliye and since then has gone on to adjudicate shows such as Jhalak dikhhla Jaa 3, Nachleve with Saroj Khan. She was also keen on taking up the dud Colors show Dancing Queen but failed to do so as she was contractually bound with a rival show.
Saroj has finally got on board with Colors with Chak boom boom – a dance reality show for children.
Speaking to reporters at the press conference of Chak boom boom yesterday, Saroj Khan didn’t like the few media volleys thrown at her. She appeared pretty upset when of the scribes asked a very pertinent question whether Bollywood is having too much influence on today’s kids.
An irate Khan chided, “I don’t agree with this. We earn our daily bread from Bollywood. For decades, our industry has embraced classical dancing. Don’t degrade Bollywood by such comments”
The veteran dancer in fact blamed the parents for exposing their little ones to the glamour world. “We’re not asking the children to come here. It is the parents themselves who want their child to come in reality shows. They are the ones who are encouraging their children to sing and dance.”
Right said Saroj. But the greed doesn’t stop to the parents. It’s not for nothing that music directors and singers are playing musical chairs with reality shows.
-Mayur Lookhar/Sampurn Wire
- Zee wooing Farah Khan to judge Little Masters - Mar 23, 2010
- We were offered DID: Bosco Caesar - Apr 23, 2010
- Dance fever catches on among Indians, thanks to TV - Feb 01, 2011
- 'Chak Dhoom Dhoom' Announces Sparsh Shrivastav As The Winner - Jul 26, 2010
- Colors Gives Green Signal For 'Chak Dhoom Dhoom 2' - Jul 28, 2010
- What makes Bollywood singers, choreographers love TV - Jan 12, 2011
- Dancing to luck in Bollywood: the choreographers (This is the fifth in a series by IANS on Bollywood's behind-the-scenes people) - Apr 27, 2011
- Malaika upsets reality show contestant? (With Images) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sparsh Shrivastav wins 'Chak Dhoom Dhoom' - Jul 25, 2010
- Madhuri, Saroj recreate magic on 'Jhalak...' (With Image) - Jan 14, 2011
- Delnaaz Paul wants to do innovative work - Aug 18, 2012
- Vindu's 'emotional atyachar' on Chak dhoom dhoom - Apr 22, 2010
- Madhuri wants Gene Kelly's tap dancing shoes (Movie Snippets) - Jun 25, 2012
- Darsheel out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 5' - Sep 01, 2012
- Mallika Sherawat Is out And Urmila Matondkar Enters 'Chak Dhoom Dhoom' As Judge - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: boom boom, choreographer, colors, daily bread, dancer, dancing queen, decades, dud, glamour world, greed, little ones, music directors, musical chairs, parents, pertinent question, reality show, saroj khan, scribes, singers, superstar