Donatella Versace loves Lady GagaNovember 9th, 2011 - 8:03 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 9 (IANS) Donatella Versace loves the style of Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj because they dare to be different.
The Italian fashion designer, who took over the house of Versace following the death of her brother Gianni in 1997, says she is inspired by young people and particularly likes the eccentric singer as she is clearly not listening to the marketing people, reports contactmusic.com.
“I’m always looking at young people. Girls today love to dress up. They love the Medusa. You see it even if they just buy a belt or sunglasses. They want to look cool and sexy. They don’t want to look ordinary,” she said.
“Of course, I love Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, they’re not afraid to dare. It’s been a while since someone went out there and didn’t listen too much to the marketing people. You still have to listen to them but not 100 percent,” she added.
- Donatella Versace considers her label daring - Nov 21, 2010
- Only Versace for me, says Gaga - Jun 10, 2011
- Donatella not worried about celebrity designers - Apr 20, 2011
- Minaj finds it boring to look sexy - Feb 15, 2012
- Was Nicki Minaj's Grammy dress inspired by Little Red Riding Hood? - Feb 13, 2012
- Does Donatella sleep in freezer to look young? - Jul 01, 2012
- Lady Gaga inspires Raakesh Agarvwal's collection - Feb 17, 2012
- Lady Gaga turns director for her new video - Mar 25, 2011
- Minaj wants kids protected from her lyrics - Apr 29, 2012
- Gaga wears normal clothes with family: Grandmother - Aug 11, 2011
- Gaga's greatest accomplishment -- her fans - Jun 02, 2011
- When Liz Taylor didn't return Donatella's ring - Jun 04, 2012
- Nicki Minaj And Rihanna: Are They The New Lesbian Couple? - Jan 17, 2011
- Minaj wants baby in five years - May 11, 2012
- I'm not bisexual: Nicki Minaj - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,