Donatella Versace considers her label daringNovember 21st, 2010 - 8:28 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 21 (IANS) Italian fashion designer Donatella Versace believes the Versace label is still so popular because it always comes up with “daring” designs and never play it safe.
The designer, who took over the fashion empire after her brother Gianni was shot dead in 1997, is pleased the Italian fashion house is staying true to its roots by refusing to play it safe when it comes to their creations, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“I think young people love Versace because it is daring. It was never safe. We never thought about chic. During the 80’s and 90’s, people wanted to be chic, elegant, bourgeois,” said Donatella.
“Gianni arrived and wrecked everything, wrecked all the rules. He just wanted people to look fabulous. And that’s still what people have to do. They have to look fabulous,” she added.
- Donatella Versace loves Lady Gaga - Nov 09, 2011
- Donatella not worried about celebrity designers - Apr 20, 2011
- Does Donatella sleep in freezer to look young? - Jul 01, 2012
- Versace now for children too - May 14, 2011
- Only Versace for me, says Gaga - Jun 10, 2011
- Kane praises Donatella Versace - Nov 12, 2011
- When Liz Taylor didn't return Donatella's ring - Jun 04, 2012
- January Jones dubbed 'the most glamorous actress of our time' - Jan 29, 2011
- Christopher Kane to join Dior ? - Feb 29, 2012
- Versace teams up with H&M; - Jun 22, 2011
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
- MaxMara honours Katie Holmes - Feb 27, 2011
- Donatella Versace auctions internship - Apr 29, 2010
- Galliano checks into rehab? - Mar 03, 2011
- Versace killed 'over debts to mafia' - Dec 06, 2010