Don Cheadle To Be HonoredJune 20th, 2009 - 3:39 am ICT by GD
The Film festival show in Los Angeles has announced that they will be honoring actor Don Cheadle with the “Spirit of the Independence Award” of 2008. This is because they feel the need to recognize his outstanding contribution to the movie industry via his vivacious performance.
Cheadle’s contribution to his craft has been thorough and very enriching as he has acted out the part of both an actor and a producer. His immense dedication and loyalty to his medium has been unquestionable and it shows wholesomely in his work. He always does justice to the character that he is meant to be portraying.
In the words of the Executive Director of Film Independent, Dawn Hudson, the award category is completely tailor made for someone like Don Cheadle. The actor has been a part of many successful movies like “Traitor”, “Brooklyn’s Finest” and more.
In 2008, he actor and his family got featured on the PBC network show called “African American Lives 2″. He is presently married to Bridgid Coulter, who is also in to acting. The actor currently lives in Santa Monica, California, with his family.
Don Cheadle’s real name is Donald Frank and he was born on 29th November 1964 in the Kansas City, Missouri. He has done his graduation from the California Institute of the Arts. Besides his career in acting and producing, he is also venturing in the field of writing and is known to play the piano really well. He had started his acting career by featuring in “Hamberger Hill” in 1987. Here’s to hoping that we get to see more of the talented actor in the coming years in many more wonderful roles.
- Briton gets 18-year jail for slitting woman's throat - Apr 21, 2012
- Ernest Borgnine To Receive Lifetime Achievement Award At The Screen Actors Guild Awards 2011 - Jan 30, 2011
- Kristen Bell is going to star in 'House of Lies' - Feb 02, 2011
- 'Twilight' wont help Pattinson: Allen Coulter - Feb 23, 2010
- President, PM condole Shammi Kapoor's death (Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Regional over Bollywood at 58th National Film Awards - Sep 09, 2011
- 'Twilight' leads People's Choice awards with 8 nominations - Nov 11, 2010
- Douglas to be honoured with award for film excellence - Sep 09, 2011
- Ben Kingsley in 'Iron Man 3'? - Apr 10, 2012
- 'I want to do a film on Netaji' - Nov 09, 2011
- President Pratibha Patil presents 57th national film awards - Oct 22, 2010
- Cheadle's Bollywood dreams! - Jun 26, 2011
- I survived because of TV, so I respect it: Amit Sadh - Jul 11, 2012
- Never left Delhi behind: Parvin Dabas (Movie Snippets) - Sep 09, 2012
- Kristen Bells To Star In "House Of Lies" - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: acting career, award category, brooklyn, california institute of the arts, coulter, dawn hudson, dedication, don cheadle, executive director, film festival, graduation, independence award, kansas city missouri, loyalty, movie industry, santa monica california, spirit, talented actor, traitor