Dominican singer to begin world tourJuly 11th, 2011 - 11:47 am ICT by IANS
Santo Domingo, July 11 (IANS/EFE) Juan Luis Guerra will give two shows in Puerto Rico in August to launch his “AsondeGuerra” world tour, which will take him to Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Venezuela, Peru and Uruguay, the artist’s office announced Sunday.
The singer-songwriter and director of his Dominican orchestra will perform Aug 13 and 14 in San Juan and will then travel to Bogota on the 18th.
The writer and performer of “Ojala que llueva cafe” and “La bilirrubina”, among other international hits, will give a show in the National Stadium in San Jose, Costa Rica, Aug 25, and two days later he will perform in Panama City.
Guerra performed June 22 in London and on the 25th in Belgium as part of the “warmup” for his upcoming tour.
Having sold more than 30 million albums, the Dominican is today one of the main icons in Latin American music. His ability as a performer, musician and composer has resulted in his receiving the top awards and acknowledgements in the music industry, not only in this country but abroad.
- My music supports social causes: Dominican singer - Nov 25, 2011
- Juan Luis Guerra brings Caribbean rhythms to Chile - Oct 09, 2011
- Don Omar to compose song for Jennifer Lopez's TV show - Feb 14, 2012
- Rosa performs with Blades, Guerra - Apr 02, 2012
- Juan Luis Guerra to launch new album - Feb 27, 2012
- Cheo Feliciano to join Dominican singer for his new album - Jul 07, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez to host Latin American talent search - Jun 02, 2011
- Ex-Miss Universe Amelia Vega to marry NBA star - Dec 25, 2011
- Concert raises $2.5 mn for Haiti quake victims - Apr 27, 2010
- Cuban singer announces dates for US tour - Jun 21, 2011
- Juanes to record acoustic music special for MTV - Dec 07, 2011
- Carlos Slim's firm to acquire US company - May 11, 2012
- Former Miss Universe says she's blessed - Mar 06, 2012
- Ricky Martin wraps up world tour - Nov 14, 2011
- Puerto Rican band taps Oscar winner to direct video - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: 30 million, bogota, colombia, efe, jose costa rica, juan luis guerra, la bilirrubina, latin american music, music industry, musician, ojala que llueva cafe, panama city, peru, puerto rico, san jose costa rica, san juan, santo domingo, singer songwriter, venezuela, warmup