Doherty to auction Winehouse paintingMay 6th, 2012 - 3:07 am ICT by IANS
London, May 6 (IANS) A painting created by late singer Amy Winehouse and her rocker friend Pete Doherty by using their own blood is set to fetch 80,000 pounds at an auction.
The joint artwork titled “Ladylike” was unveiled by The Libertines band’s vocalist Doherty at an exhibition earlier this year. It is now set to be the showpiece lot at an auction of his belongings, reports dailystar.co.uk.
Other items going under the hammer include a selection of the rocker’s guitars, stage outfits and lyric books.
A portion of profits from the sale will be donated to The Amy Winehouse Foundation, a charity set up after the singer’s death last year.
- Pete Doherty haunted by Amy Winehouse's ghost - Nov 15, 2011
- Amy Winehouse invites Pete Doherty to stay in her house - Aug 31, 2010
- Winehouse haunting Pete Doherty! - Nov 16, 2011
- Doherty to pen novel on troubled life - Apr 17, 2012
- Pete Doherty moves in with Amy Winehouse - Sep 24, 2010
- Winehouse's father to write Amy's memoir - Oct 12, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's posthumous album to be released soon - Aug 01, 2011
- Amy Winehouse to wed next month? - Apr 26, 2010
- Green Day pens tribute song for Winehouse - Aug 18, 2011
- Doherty's blood portrait on sale - Feb 20, 2011
- Winehouse's 'Back To Black' dress on auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Pete Doherty to star as boozy French poet in new movie - Dec 16, 2010
- Late Amy's dress fetches over 40,000 pounds - Nov 30, 2011
- Adele's '21' world's biggest-selling album - May 16, 2012
- Amy Winehouse's dress sold for £43,200 - Nov 30, 2011