‘Doctor Who’ to celebrate its 50th anniversaryAugust 10th, 2012 - 5:46 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Aug 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) TV show ‘Doctor Who will be celebrating its 50th anniversary next year. The show which has been on air on BBC since 1963 will celebrate its anniversary next year by getting an original story that will be in form of a movie.
BBC wants to give a story about how the TV series came in to being. The story is however not going to be of the traditional superhero kind. Mark Gattis, who is an actor in the ongoing series, is writing the script for the movie that will be released next year for the celebration of the show’s 50 years.
Mark Gattis says that he has wanted to tell the story of how ‘Doctor Who’ came in to being for a long time now and if he succeeds to do it for the show’s anniversary next year, it will be a dream come true. The celebratory movie which is called ‘An adventure in space and time’ is set to premiere on BBC sometime next year. The movie which will last for 90 minutes will feature a lot of things from ‘Doctor Who’ and also the characters of the series. Those who will be involved in shooting the movie have not yet been identified but BBC will be announcing the cast for the movie soon.
- Wonder Woman TV Show To Set Small Screen Ablaze - Oct 03, 2010
- Get ready for exciting events in Britain in 2011 - Jan 01, 2011
- Mark Wahlberg confirms that 'Fighter 2' is in the pipeline - Jun 10, 2011
- Saif, Deepika to sizzle again in Adajania's next (Film snippets) - Dec 14, 2010
- James Bond design art show opens in London - Jul 06, 2012
- Halloween Costumes That Are In Vogue This Year - Oct 20, 2010
- 'RA.One' superhero is a family man, says SRK - Oct 14, 2011
- 'The 99' Muslim superheroes to hit TV screens soon - Feb 26, 2011
- David E. Kelley to produce new Wonder Woman TV show - Oct 03, 2010
- Joy Mukherjee: Bengali babu who charmed with boyish looks (Obituary) - Mar 09, 2012