D.J. Richardson Dies Of H1N1 VirusDecember 27th, 2009 - 1:25 am ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Dec. 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Donald Richardson, better known as D.J. Richardson in racing circles, passed away on Friday. He had been suffering from swine flu and had been admitted to the hospital for quite some time. Donald Richardson is a native of Leominster in Massachusetts. He had been the front tire changer in Sundays for Kevin Harvick, in the NASCAR Sprint Cup No. 29 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet. On Saturdays, he used to act as the front tire changer of a new entrant in the Braun Racing Nationwide Series. He had begun his career with the NASCAR in 1999, with the Andre Petre racing.
D.J. Richardson contracted the H1N1 virus while he was on a brief stay at his home in New England. After battling with the disease for a little over a month, he succumbed to the illness. He passed away a little while after 10p.m. He was 37 years old at the time of death. After he was admitted, there were various attempts launched in order to pay the medical bills incurred by Donald Richardson, who did not have an insurance, something regular with the contractual employees of NASCAR.
A Facebook page was specially created that gave information and updates on the condition of Donald Richardson, along with a website. His death has come somewhat of a shock, as it had been reported only a few days back that he had been recovering from the illness. He had been admitted to the Health Alliance Hospital in Massachusetts with pneumonia, after which he developed some serious complications, worsened by the additional illness. He was transferred to the intensive care unit after he developed acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Jimmie johnson storms the Bristol Motor Speedway at the Food City 500 - Mar 22, 2010
- Daytona 500 2012 race thrills all - Feb 28, 2012
- Kasey Kahne Proud Victor At Atlanta Motor Speedway - Sep 07, 2009
- Minnesota Vikings Fire Head Coach Brad Childress - Nov 23, 2010
- Kevin Harvick Wins Coke Zero 400 In A Wild Finish - Jul 04, 2010
- Boris Said & Greg Biffle involved in an confrontation - Aug 16, 2011
- All eyes are on Danica Patrick at the Nascar Sprint Cup - Dec 24, 2011
- 'Dark horse candidate' will be formidable opponent to Obama: Richardson - Mar 07, 2011
- Michelle Obama booed at NASCAR race - Nov 21, 2011
- Karthikeyan finishes 11th at Texas - Jun 05, 2010
- Josh Childress To Join Phoenix Suns - Jul 12, 2010
- Leslie Frazier Hired As Interim Coach After Minnesota Vikings Terminate Brad Childress - Nov 23, 2010
- Danica Patrick to make her NASCAR debut - Feb 09, 2010
- Chandhok, Gill shone in motorsports (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 26, 2010
- Olympic athletics: Deserved triumph for Merritt on good night for US (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: 37 years, acute respiratory distress, acute respiratory distress syndrome, braun racing, contractual employees, donald richardson, health alliance, intensive care unit, j richardson, kevin harvick, leominster, madhuri, petre, quite some time, respiratory distress syndrome, richard childress racing, sprint cup, swine flu, time of death, tire changer